LegacyGT.com

Inj Dyn - Top Feed Conversion - what lines and fittings

Thanks but my line kit is for use with a stock FPR. I might just let the tuner install the injectors and deal with any damper weirdness.
You have kind of backed yourself into a corner with the kit you bought, the OEM rails have the damper as a part of them and can't be relocated to ANY aftermarket rail.

Some people will buy stock top feed rails from and 08 plus legacy or WRX/sti and use the dampers from that set up.

You basically have two options at this point.

Scrap or modify your line kit to incorporate the later model top feed rail dampers or after market.

Only run the damper at the fpr.

When you originally started asking about this I suggested custom lines was the best option , or just to have your tuner buy and install whatever he suggested.

Also to make the situation worse as mentioned above aftermarket dampers don't seem to have any advantage over stock, and from all the reading I have done you are going to get the most reduction in stumble from a two port fpr , plumbed in parallel with independent returns for each rail.

At this point I would just slap on the new rails and line kit to your stock fpr, omitting the other two damper and see how it goes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

You have kind of backed yourself into a corner with the kit you bought, the OEM rails have the damper as a part of them and can't be relocated to ANY aftermarket rail.

Some people will buy stock top feed rails from and 08 plus legacy or WRX/sti and use the dampers from that set up.

You basically have two options at this point.

Scrap or modify your line kit to incorporate the later model top feed rail dampers or after market.

Only run the damper at the fpr.

When you originally started asking about this I suggested custom lines was the best option , or just to have your tuner buy and install whatever he suggested.

Also to make the situation worse as mentioned above aftermarket dampers don't seem to have any advantage over stock, and from all the reading I have done you are going to get the most reduction in stumble from a two port fpr , plumbed in parallel with independent returns for each rail.

At this point I would just slap on the new rails and line kit to your stock fpr, omitting the other two damper and see how it goes.

The tuner is the one that ordered this kit. It was my reading and asking a bunch of questions that uncovered the fact that I am missing a couple of dampers. Can't find too much info online about converting this specific model to top feed.

I'll get there eventually. Since the manifold has to come off anyways, might as well get the crappy cob inlet pipe out and switch to a Perrin.

The tuner is the one that ordered this kit. It was my reading and asking a bunch of questions that uncovered the fact that I am missing a couple of dampers. Can't find too much info online about converting this specific model to top feed.

I'll get there eventually. Since the manifold has to come off anyways, might as well get the crappy cob inlet pipe out and switch to a Perrin.

That's unfortunate, I would reach out to the tuner and see what he had in mind, I remember it being time sensitive originally. Now that you are this far down the rabbit hole I might consider returning that kit if possible and making you own lines and getting a new fpr

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

It was time sensitive at the beginning because my mechanic buddy had the manifold off and was going to put the injectors on while we were at it. He didn’t feel comfortable installing the injectors and new rails, so we kept the old injectors on. Now I have my car at home finally but no new injectors installed and a kit that is not ideal. Injector Dynamics might have been the choice because the stumble (if there Eden is going to be one) can be tuned out. Don’t know.

I do think that once the new kit and injectors are installed it will be less of a job to remove any new lines and reconfigure. The kit has AN fittings on it. The only real difference I can see is that the supply and return lines are supposed to use nipples to connect directly to the body lines for supply/return instead of AN fittings to an aftermarket AFR.

I have also heard of folks putting later model WRX dampers on the input side of the fuel rails. Not sure if a stock FPR was used or not though.

Just buy these to replace the large bundle by the strut tower. They are oem dampers from 04-07 wrx and stis. You'll need to use a different fpr though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255471490452

Thanks for the ebay link but can you expand on why I would need an aftermarket FPR? Is the flow rate different with these WRX dampers or something?

Thanks for the ebay link but can you expand on why I would need an aftermarket FPR? Is the flow rate different with these WRX dampers or something?
These replace the lines that contain the fpr on our setup.

I used WRX fuel rails with the fpr built in to them.