LegacyGT.com

Cobb Accessport Tune DataLog

I'm not the most experienced with data logs. In fact, it's my first time looking at one. But anyways I got the OBD2 port to work and tuned the car but I noticed some feedback knock and knock learn so I decided to data log and upload it so someone could take a look at it for me. Is my car alright? I don't think it was anything serious but wanted to make sure...

datalog2.csv

I'm not a tuner but I am interested in what other people will say. I might've missed something or misinterpreted something but this should help you understand a little of what is going on. Also read COBB's documents on what parameters to log and there are good pinned threads in the tuning section that you should read.

There are a couple of spots where it looks like you where shifting gears and another where it looks like you rev'd in neutral so those ones you can probably ignore. There is also a couple events that look like you let off the throttle quickly, which you can probably also ignore.

There are some areas of pretty typical parameters where you were -4-ish retard in FKLC, which means you had a few knock events there, either during this log, or likely you've had knock at those conditions multiple times in the past. This is in the 2200-2600 rpm range, with low boost (0-4 psi). To me, that looks a bit like like lugging the engine (I wouldn't see that combination of parameters with the way I normally drive).

Your DAM did drop to 0.75 for a short period of time, which is generally not desirable.

You'll probably get a recommendation to talk to one of the recommended tuners like Cryotune and it will probably be worthwhile to have them look through logs and create a tune for you considering the amount of corrections that are being applied.

In the meantime, if you want to understand what you are looking at better you can log very short periods where you do something very specific, in order to understand what happens under those very specific conditions. Examples would be a low, or mid throttle acceleration from a stop, low, mid throttle acceleration from various rpms, steady state cruising at various rpms, throttle lift off etc.

I would stay away from low rpm boost, and generally try to stay out of boost if you see any knock occurring while driving.

The easiest things to check for the home mechanic are air filter, fuel (using the right octane), clean the maf sensor, and check spark plugs if you have the right combination of extensions to get them out. From there it gets more complicated.

If you're on the eastern side of the county, I'd recommend tuningalliance@gmail.com

He has kept both my cars happy with his tune for many years. You can tell Mike I sent you. I'll say he has made it very hard for me to think about selling my cars, they just run too good.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here