LegacyGT.com

WRX boost control pill/tee line on OBXT?

I'm going over all the hoses on my '05 OBXT.

Turbocharger boost control line is 16 years old, and I figure it should be worth refreshing it like all the rest. This is the part Subaru lists for this car:

(The description is obviously wrong, and the price is silly.) But it looks like the right part and is keyed out of the diagram correctly.

"Turbocharger Oil Line"

14447AA120

https://www.certifiedsubaruparts.com/p/Subaru_2005_Outback-25L-TURBO-5MT-XT-Limited/Turbocharger-Oil-Line/49226888/14447AA120.html

Is there any reason I couldn't use this part for the same years WRX (and with a $3.59 price tag)?

Orifice A.

22326AA260

https://www.certifiedsubaruparts.com/p/Subaru__/Orifice-A/49231643/22326AA260.html

Is there some non-obvious functional difference like the length of the hose or the diameter of the orifice in the pill?

Sorry if this is common knowledge in the community. I've been unplugged from the Subie life for a long time. Did a search and didn't find any relevant hits.

I would suggest you go to your local dealer and have them get you the correct part. It really can't cost that much compared to replacing the engine.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just a quick search of those part numbers shows the hose and fitting look close, the LGT part appears to come with clamps while the other does not.

This is me, and I'm siding with Max, either shoot a message to one of the sponsors here (Benny) or go to the dealer and get the right part. We are talking $30. This coming from a guy that is dumping waaay too much into my car lately but it's life. If it weren't that it would be something else.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

FWIW, back about 2008 on Cobb AP v1 my tuner removed the stock pill and put a wire splice in a piece of hose. We went for a street tune. That worked fine until the vf40 had shaft play in 2011.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here