LegacyGT.com

uh oh. let the brake fluid run dry...help diagnose?

kaitanium

So i just did the wilwood brake swap on the front and LGT rears for my outback XT. The oversight was where i finished the night and let the car sit overnight and the brake fluid reservoir ran dry as there was a leak in a non-tightened brake hose

So i must have bled and ran through 4 bottles of brake fluid by now and yet pedal is still spongy. Zero bubbles coming out of calipers.

If the calipers arent bleeding any bubbles at all, would the pedal sponginess be a problem of air in the ABS or master cylinder or something else? Are my assumptions correct in thinking its probably not the master cylinder giving i ran so much liquid already through it? Probably the ABS and needing a Subaru Select Monitor (SSM) from what i read? Or something else?

Edited by kaitanium

Sorry, most of us don't read this forum much.

I think your going to have to bleed the ABS system.

FWIW, last year I bought a Motive Power bleeder, it came with the cap for the Subaru's. The 107 is the one you want, this photo was taken to show the Ford MC flat cap on a different forum. This power bleeder makes it easy to get all the air out and flush old fluid out. Pick up qt's of DOT3 from Walmart for $7.00

DSCN9626.thumb.JPG.466c8b497ea50ff87ae67f33f941156c.JPG

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here