Color: Gray

Miles: 21,811

Transmission: 6MT

Title: Clear CA title in hand

Lien: None

VIN: 4S3BL696373213656

E-mail address: birbeck at gmail dot com

Asking Price: $14,500

COBB AccessPort v2, tuned with Stage 1 performance map (ACN91 v400)

AVO turbo back exhaust

STi pink springs

Cusco F+R strut tower bars

Cusco F+R anti-sway bars

AVO endlinks

AVO chassis reinforcement

STi short throw shifter

STi 6MT shift knob

Replica STi front lip spoiler

Wilwood Superlite BBK, slotted f+r rotors, 4-pot front, 2-pot rear

Hawk HPS pads, 50% life remaining (extra 75% HP+ pads included)

Brand new tires 215/45R-18 Bridgestone Potenza Sport (Installed 7/21, less than 200 miles ago)

Fumoto valve

Window tinting

DRL disable mod

Nav input while driving mod

Aux video input mod

The cleanest, lowest mileage, most tastefully modified spec.b you've seen. CA street legal, low miles, beautiful, single owner, mostly garaged, clean title, no accidents. The AVO downpipe and midpipe are not installed at the moment, only the tailpipes. The stock pipes were put on for a smog test in August (it passed). The AP tune is CARB approved so no reflashing is needed for CA smog tests. All stocks parts (rotors, calipers, brake pads, springs, sway bars, endlinks, exhaust, badging) come with the car. Also included is an OEM fitted car cover, all-weather floor mats, sun shade, wireless phone charger, bluetooth audio receiver, both keys + valet, original window sticker, manuals, service records, etc.

The car has seen a few spirited drives and track days, but mostly sat in my garage, taking it out from time to time to keep the fluids moving. It has been hand washed and waxed more times than it has been driven. All work (except changing brake pads, oil, tires and ecu flashing) was done by Rallitek in Oregon and Autokraft in California. All factory recalls were completed by CARR Subaru or Putnam Subaru. Car looks and drives better than new.

I am very sad to be putting this up for sale, but I am most likely moving internationally early next year. Otherwise it would remain in my hands for another 14 years. The 2021 Subaru Forester Sport will also be for sale soon if you're interested.

AM-JKLWZzOqtj2826Q0eQRjiRYVCCuDZs2QxkMVb3rNKgzWid05ZmdepJaPPZZGuUgjyX21UFg9ncKwCDzV1tTztBfjG2Dxel868dfPwShXkZ7NMkh_yi335N-KncgrH46WLAgqZjJE8FoK5obgJwnvYYC3YaQ=w1444-h1083-no?authuser=0

AM-JKLXtdcNoIrh68c16Y47p_pJSVxLxXoOOFlOno8iX9bEEypDOuks3xVM-d1cMSn_dKnnyA7eE2mnLuPFO9inbmQimvihCdKpC-AVk61dZt9XAU8W6KQVyzY4KeyOTQCnuAfsf67T8ufkgnj8mQ_qfsWqL3Q=w1444-h1083-no?authuser=0

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/YVdtCVGSLd4yCMUi6

I'll update the gallery with more photos this weekend.

Edited by stewartg

I've gotten a lot of inquiries on the car through DM's, emails and text messages. Even one that wants to fly out and drive the car back to the east coast today. Thank you everyone for your interest. However, I have decided not to sell the car at this time.

I never entertained the option of shipping the car because I believed it to be prohibitively expensive. Turns out it is ridiculously cheap, at least in relation to the loss I would take selling the spec b here and buying something else on the other side. For instance, if I managed to get the full $15k (14.5k forum price) for my car, and bought a used 2014 STI for £25,990 ($34,478), I am basically paying $20k to give away a car that is in 100% perfect working order, better than new, and has tons of sentimental value. The loss is only compounded by the hit I will take on my 5 month old 2021 Forester Sport and the two motorcycles I have to sell.

Funny, I thought if/when I ever moved to Europe I would get a nice rare RHD Subie not offered for sale in the US. A S402, RB5, 22B, S209, etc. But, for ~$2k, I can ship my car from San Francisco to London, and I can even load it up with my spare parts for no additional charge. Then I just have to deal with driving a LHD subie in a RHD country for a few years until I eventually move to Spain. I never imagined that one day I would be doing the opposite and taking a rare LHD USDM Subaru to Europe.

Again, thank you everyone for your interest, and I am sorry for the change in direction. I've reached out to all who have contacted me thus far. It shows that all the years of blood, sweat and tears (actually car shampoo, sealant and other protectants) I've put into keeping this car in top shape has paid off and people are willing to pay a premium for a 14 yr old Subaru Legacy.

Edited by stewartg

• 2 weeks later...

15k would be about what you would get for a car with that age and miles. I say this cause you trying to sell to a very niche car type of people. 95% of people in this world could careless that you have a mint what they would call old ass car. their mind set is that that can get a new care for double that with a warranty and it not break down. No matter what you tell them.

People just do not wrench on cars anymore and it is sad. I have people I work with buying 70K Tahoe's, and they think it's weird that I have an 06 LGT I had the full rebuild and tune done to it. It's just not for everyone. The only thing i really miss is my 04 STI. It gave me so many problems but there was just something about it.