LegacyGT.com

K&N looking for 2006 Legacy GTs for Typhoon Intake fitment check.

Knfilters

• 1 month later...

I've had the Typhoon on my 2006 for a couple weeks now. Fitment is fine. I won't know about any power differences, as the next (and hopefully only) time I plan on going to the dyno will be to ProTune for that, a catted downpipe, Bosal/SPT cat-back, catless uppipe, header, AVO TMIC, and AVO BOV.

-Mike-

05 and 06 should be the same, don't understand why they'd want to test an 06. Also, I'm going with the K&N Panel replacement filter. I've always put them in my cars and they rock. Plus, doesn't viod the warranty. The Typhoon can, depending on how anal your dealer is.

The stock tune is on the rich side for safety. Tuners remove a lot of this cushion to increase performance. Unfortunately, the K&N Typhoon does the same thing. According to mccorry's logs it causes the MAF to read about 20 grams low at the top of 3rd gear @ WOT. That dosn't sound like much until you note that it's a 10% error -- that's pretty important.

I'm sure I'm exploiting this same richness when I run 17 psi with no ECU mods.

The stock tune is on the rich side for safety. Tuners remove a lot of this cushion to increase performance. Unfortunately, the K&N Typhoon does the same thing. According to mccorry's logs it causes the MAF to read about 20 grams low at the top of 3rd gear @ WOT. That dosn't sound like much until you note that it's a 10% error -- that's pretty important.

I'm sure I'm exploiting this same richness when I run 17 psi with no ECU mods.

have oyu had any troubles running 17psi? what other supporting mods do you have?

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

I have zero other mods -- nothing but a K&N drop-in and removed intake silencer. You can find many posts about my reckless boost settings around the forum.

I don't have killer 1/4 mile times or anything to back it up, mostly because I haven't raced in weather cooler than 80 degrees and 99% humidity. SOTP it's much nicer than stock and I'm quite happy where it is.

I'll soon do an up pipe (had it on hand for over 14 months now) and a Cobb catted downpipe. Then it's time for a FMIC and *gasp* tuning!

I have zero other mods -- nothing but a K&N drop-in and removed intake silencer. You can find many posts about my reckless boost settings around the forum.

I don't have killer 1/4 mile times or anything to back it up, mostly because I haven't raced in weather cooler than 80 degrees and 99% humidity. SOTP it's much nicer than stock and I'm quite happy where it is.

I'll soon do an up pipe (had it on hand for over 14 months now) and a Cobb catted downpipe. Then it's time for a FMIC and *gasp* tuning!

Oh, yeah, John... you are such a No0b running your reckless MBC! ;):rolleyes:.

Archived