LegacyGT.com

Approaching the CVT end - 2012 DIT Wagon

If anyone can explain the following I will be forever grateful. After numerous problems with the CVT box and, only because I love this car so much, I had a used 'box fitted by my local Subaru dealer. All seemed good for about 70 miles. Until, I parked at home. That involves a short unmade road, turning the car, then reversing about 25 yards. As I used the electronic brake then moved into PARK the vehicle dynamics, elec PKG brake and, abs lights all came on. I then drove it to the dealer who retrieved one fault - Transmission Control Module. Whilst driving, other than the lights, all is normal. Disconnected the battery for an hour, and then repeat performance today.

No lights, normal performance until that last manoeuvre at home. If anyone has stayed with me until now thanks! Any and all suggestions welcome.

Have you tried looking the code up in the service manual and looking at the diagnostic flow chart? It seem a like unlikely coincidence that the same issue happened with both transmissions. It is possible, but the problem may not be your CVT.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the downside of an import is the lack of official information such as a service manual or code translation. This is exactly the problem the UK Subaru dealer faced and Subaru UK were unable/unwilling to help interpret the fault codes. Just the downside to running one of these cars but very frustrating when the solution may be much simpler and cheaper than it appears.

Hopefully this helps: https://sl-i.net/FORUM/showthread.php?18087-Subaru-Factory-Service-Manuals-(FSM)-Every-Model-USDM-EU

If you download the manual for 2012 (be careful just to download that zip file) and unzip it, you should find a large PDF (245mb). The CVT Diagnostics section starts on page 3,363.

Hopefully that helps you out.