LegacyGT.com

1994 Subaru Legacy Transmission Problem

proclaimation

I have been having transmission problems where the transmission wouldn't engage from a complete stop. It wouldn't happen from starting on the road but it would act up down the road. I would have to put more pressure on the gas pedal to get it to engage. Once rolling down the road, it would be fine till I stopped again. When it first started, I put in half a quart of transmission fluid and it went away for 2 weeks. It did it again and I put some more fluid in and it went away for a week and a half. I plan to put cardboard underneath it to see if I have a leak but I am weary. The transmission stick shows fluid on it and I just put in a half a quart for the third time as I need to use the car tomorrow. How much fluid does this car need? Putting fluid in is helping. The stick now shows a lot of fluid on it but I don't want to overfill.

The stick says I have transmission fluid and its bright red, not burnt. Reverse works just fine. It seems to start having slippage after driving for 5 miles so I figured that's when the transmission fluid would warm up and not be so thick. I put in Lucas Transmission Fix this morning and ran the car for 10 miles and it seems to be doing better. Only time will tell.