LegacyGT.com

Thinking of purchasing 2007 Gen 4 Outback H6 SEDAN.. Any thoughts?

There is a 2007 Gen 4 H6 3.0 Legacy Outback Sedan LL Bean edition for sale near me.. It has 125k miles on it... Any thoughts on it/? The Outback sedans are rare and I never see them.. Being that it is the H6 I didn't immediately think, oh great.. It's gonna blow up with the infamous head gasket issues the 2.5 non GT had.. Something about it using conventional oil and non turbo with a REAL transmission, has me considering it... Bad idea?

Same basic 5EAT as the Legacy platform. The H6 recommends premium instead of requiring it. That said, my H6 feels like I left the parking brake on when I run regular gas in it from the timing correction. As long as it's clean, they don't care on oil type.

I love em.

in the past i acquired a 2008 legacie 3.0 with 208k miles with neglected maintenance but it was still solid plus some low end toruqe. the outback sedan is just the sedan with front subframe spacers; if you put in lowering springs then this amouts to the same config i did, which gives decreased camber on front than is psosible on legacies and withotu the miniature tires

for some reason a lot of 5eats develop a whine somehwer around 120k maybe due to neglected atf drain but this is the only conspicuous ntoe from the exterior. if it has the whine and if this is an issue, then it might be the deal breaker, plius the prefacelift look did not age well methinks