LegacyGT.com

Need help quickly: Invoice price correct?

SkiDaddy

man i would have the dealer take off that plastic shiet... a lot of the times you have to spray some stuff to take it off. that way it doesnt leave any marks.. and using a buffer on a new car???? you should have your dealer auto butler it. what a beating on your clear coat...

might as well make you dealer clean it for you.. your payin for it.

i just bought my 2nd suby in two months and remember customers get better deals then employees... at least i made 200 on my suby visa and 200 in spiffs

Hey Bob, its Jeff. As far as getting the tape and adhesive off, you dont even need a buffer. I took mine off with a product called permaseal (one of the waxes our recon dept uses), and i did it by hand with relative ease, and it was alot easier on the cars finish. The hardest part is taking your time, and doing it in good light where you can see the lines from the tape.

Guys, I went to an automotive paint shop & discussed it w/them; they sold me some 3M general purpose adhesive remover 08984. The can states that it may be applied directly to cool painted automotive surfaces. It also says when cleaning adhesives from vinyl surfaces to soak a rag & wipe gently, not rub. Nothing specific avbout clear coat though.

After removing the adhesive I'm going to polish then seal the paint (Wolfgang products). I have a Porter Cable random orbit machine to use for this.

switch that good stereo to the end of the list and your perfect

There's this little thing called a warranty....:lol:

Unfortunately I spend waaaay more time cruising down the freeway than I do attacking on-ramps.:icon_sad: I have the heavily modified Jet Ski to beat on in the waves. Only laws there are the laws of physics...;)

Archived