LegacyGT.com

CVT extended warranty 2010-2015 legacy 2.5L

The mechanic I took my 2013 Legacy 2.5i to tells me the insistent noise my is making is the CVT transmission. It's loud and sounds like a developing problem. I have under 90K miles on it and I see Subaru has extended the warranty on these models because of problems. Has anyone gone to their dealer with this issue, to have this warranty honored? What was your experience?

Cheers

Edited by Hillside Joe

I wondering how good SUbaru is about honoring this extended warranty without trying to bargain their way out out helping the consumer.

They will always try to bargain their way out. You just have to continue to be firm about it and don't let them take the easy way out.

Subaru is pretty good about honoring warranties, the dealer you go to is another story. Just remember they are not Subaru of America they are an independently owned franchise. I have heard both good experiences with this issue and bad, your best bet is to find dealer reviews and see if there is a well reviewed service center near you. You could also contact SOA directly first and see where that gets you, I would do it sooner rather than later.

Subaru is pretty good about honoring warranties, the dealer you go to is another story. Just remember they are not Subaru of America they are an independently owned franchise. I have heard both good experiences with this issue and bad, your best bet is to find dealer reviews and see if there is a well reviewed service center near you. You could also contact SOA directly first and see where that gets you, I would do it sooner rather than later.

And this is due to the fixed amount of money they get for doing warranty work. Some dealerships see it as a lost.

---