LegacyGT.com

Headlight Switch Wire

I am looking for a line that gets power when the headlights are on, preferable somewhere under the steering wheel.

I was thinking one of the wires for the radio might work. I think it dims when the headlights come but not sure. Anyone know which wire or can confirm if this is true? Actually this might not work....

I need it for some gauges i'm adding, so that they dim when headlights come on.

Edited by Tehnation

Can't patch into the dimmer, that sends a different signal I read, and you need a circuit board or something. Cause the dimmer can be adjusted so its sending a different signal other than on or off, which is what i need.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/backwards-ass-dimmer-wire-40291.html

Edited by Tehnation

I haven't wired into the Subaru dimmer but yes.....previous installs on various brands all used the dimmer or another cluster light that worked off the dimmer.

Your gauges should have illumination wiring separate from the input/power signal needed to operate the guage. Right?

Harmon Kardon stereo?

Edited by whitexc

I'm wiring up 3 gauges, a garret boost gauge, innovate ls2 wideband o2 for a/f ratio, and innovate oil pressure and oil temp gauge.

I clipped my harness for the i86 or whatever so the wires should actually be all easily accessible. I'll try the dimmer from the radio.

regular radio from a newer lgt with the aux input.