LegacyGT.com

Coolant overflow bottle full

A few weeks back while checking the oil level, I stumbled onto the coolant overflow bottle being above the full when HOT line. I shut the car off a few hours before.

Don't know if it was my OCD or a real issue.

After a number of drives and cooling overnight, it seemed like the level was higher than where (ODC) it should be when cold...

A few weeks ago I bought a new Mishimoto radiator cap, ($20.00) and a new NAPA radiator cap for the swirl pot above the turbo.

I even burped the coolant system once during the process.

I have put a few longer drives 80 miles or so and the coolant level seems to be at the correct level the next morning.

I also zip tied the hose in the top of the bottle to keep it off the bottom of the tank.

The reason the Mishimoto cap is so expensive, it comes in a metal container. Pretty nice can for a radiator cap. One issue with the old cap was the stick on label on the top of it came off.

I thought it may have been a HG issue, but the car never over heated or even got much above the 9 o'clock position on the temp gauge. This car normally stays about 8:30 on the gauge.

I will say I even thought about selling the wagon over this if it was a HG. The one issue making it hard to sell it is all the new parts on it since Fall 2019.

It still puts a smile on my face when I push on the right pedal.

In the next couple weeks, I'll load some ski gear in for a preseason trip to the ski house in VT.

I keep telling myself, the smart man would sell both cars. I would take over the 2018 Outback 3.6R, we would lease her a car or small SUV, Hybrid or EV...

But being a car guy...

Seems like even after owning this car for some 17 years, its still a love/hate relationship.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

you already know my opinion on the matter...keep. And might I say, that what makes someone 'smart' is just an opinion. What is a smart move for one person is not for another. That being said, getting rid of an awesome wagon is not smart lol

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

you already know my opinion on the matter...keep. And might I say, that what makes someone 'smart' is just an opinion. What is a smart move for one person is not for another. That being said, getting rid of an awesome wagon is not smart lol

LOL, Thanks,

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here