LegacyGT.com

WTD: Cobb or Invidia CATTED Down Pipe 2009 GT 5EAT

Good luck finding one new. I went for the Invidia auto DP from Auto City Imports at first. Purchased it in March and was told it would be delivered by July. That came and went and then they said hopefully by December. At that point, I just asked them to switch me to the auto DP from Cobb since it's higher quality and has the GESi cat. I already paid for the Invidia so the bump up in price at that point wasn't awful. Still being told that December is the anticipated delivery date for the Cobb - we will see. These COVID shortages/delays blow Edited by amm203

I ordered the Cobb set up last night. I figured I wanted to at least be on a list of sold parts.....not sure what that means but all these outfits ship directly from the manufacturer so Cobb has our order, at least I think!

Like I said, I will continue the search for new or used but am not holding my breath.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Could I get away with this to get the car moving? I could even do without the Magnaflow cat. I would swap the Cobb DP in once it comes towards the end of November/December. I just have to find something in the meantime as the engine will be back together in about 2 weeks. That leaves months that I can't leave it at the shop waiting on a DP. I could put the stocker back in but.....fudge.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1320-Performance-Downpipe-Down-Pipe-For-Legacy-GT-05-09-auto-automatic-3-HFC-/224351784764?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

At that price if it’s available and you really need to get the car on the road, I’d definitely be tempted to get it and have your Cobb DP in the wings for later. As long as it fits, you might surprise all of us with how long it lasts :). Could even run catless until you get your Cobb if you don’t want to pay to get this one cat equipped and you could probably get cash for that Magnaflow cat section. Edited by shralp

I just have to get the car out of the shop when it's back together but yes...I also miss driving the little whip and wouldn't mind keeping some miles off the new truck. I sent a message to verify availability and fitment. Awaiting a response.

What's another few hundred!!!

Moderators please close this thread and I will update my build thread.

I purchased not one but two downpipes for this pile. I ended up snagging the 1320 DP to get me rolling. I am talking with Mike from Tuning Alliance to get the ball rolling on a custom E tune. Mods are basic by most standards so it shouldn't be too hard to dial in after it's running.