LegacyGT.com

Windshield Washer Fluid Sensor Help

First off my Soob was awesome on its Acadia journey and traveled 2400 miles in 9 days! They car was awesome again, but now shes got a small issue "more annoying than anything.

The wiper fluid light had come on today, but fluid was still coming out. I filled the entire bottle to the fill line. The lil dumb dumb light is still on! So thought to myself I will just throw a meter on it! Well shoot lol dont tell me just to do this quick diag.

Do I need to drop the front bumper of the car? I am guessin that the wheel-well cover and the bumper are stopping me from seeing it.

I will also wait a few days to see if shes rights herself. Side note as I was filling io\t no bedris came floating to the top.

Ok it sits directly under the battery with zero way to access it. I am going to have to jack it up to see if I can get under it just to throw a meter on it. That metal plate thats holds the battery I wish that was removable "grrr".

http://i.imgur.com/HSqL8rz.jpg

Edited by Sonder

If I remember correctly, pulling back the front of the wheel well liner will give you the access you need. Pulling the bumper would definitely help though.

Strange failure for sure.

I have to ask …. Rain-x fluid ?

[emoji28] *puts on flame suit*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to ask …. Rain-x fluid ?

[emoji28] *puts on flame suit*

LMAO my friend years ago put that in his car and threatedned my life to never do it to any of my vehicles after watching his sh!tshow I said no worries lol... So no its just been -20 deg blue windshiled stuff.

If I remember correctly, pulling back the front of the wheel well liner will give you the access you need. Pulling the bumper would definitely help though.

Strange failure for sure.

Stange = story of my life ..lol... I will look into the wheel well liner and go from there friend

Thank you

Sonder

LMAO my friend years ago put that in his car and threatedned my life to never do it to any of my vehicles after watching his sh!tshow I said no worries lol... So no its just been -20 deg blue windshiled stuff.

Yeah it sounds like a bad level sensor. Give it the ole continuity test and see if it’s failed for sure

Is there something wrong with rainx washer fluid? I must have missed that memo. I've used it for the last 15 years or so on my vehicles and never had an issue with it, including my LGT since I bought it in 2013. I use the green bug wash rainx brand.

Is there something wrong with rainx washer fluid? I must have missed that memo. I've used it for the last 15 years or so on my vehicles and never had an issue with it, including my LGT since I bought it in 2013. I use the green bug wash rainx brand.

I don't know but my friend bought the orange rainex and it put a nasty film on his windshield and then proceeded to coagulate. I don't know why it did it, but I know of others who have had the same issues. I'm glad you have not had an issue.

Ya I've used it too for decades with -0- issues but with the two new Stellantis vehicles in the fold it's doesn't seem compatible with the rain sensors for the wipers and the reservoirs sensors. :confused:

Wheel well liner fold back should provide access but this ole man has to remove the wheel first. :cool:

https://www.classaction.org/rain-x-lawsuit Just FYI.

I've used it during the last 3 years on the last 3 vehicles I've owned and I've had no issues...

I've used it during the last 3 years on the last 3 vehicles I've owned and I've had no issues...

I’m somewhat of an anomaly myself. I have good luck with the rain-x wiper blades. But I generally agree that I’ve never seen anyone else get a good pair.

[emoji2369] if it works, it works. If it doesn’t, there is always a few good reasons why. Rain-x is a good reason to have a few issues with a multitude of cars

The reservoir and the level sensor is all one piece because the way its fabed. I will get a new one from the dealer under 100 dollars. If anyone here knows different let me know. I dont mind spending the money, but if there is a better way well I am all ears!

I have been using the orange rain-x for 15 years now. I use regular rain-x on my windshield and the orange rain washer fluid maintains that. Prior to that I used use have to apply rain-x every month or so. I think it is great. If you friend had nasty build up he didn’t have a clean windshield to begin with. I owned a VW where they had a note about it not being compatible with windshield washer fluid sensor. I used it for 5 years on my 1st Legacy, 4 years on my current one.

One note is that I tried the Green Rain-X once in the summer. I still had some in my reservoir and found it froze at 25F and my washer fluid.

I have been using the orange rain-x for 15 years now. I use regular rain-x on my windshield and the orange rain washer fluid maintains that. Prior to that I used use have to apply rain-x every month or so. I think it is great. If you friend had nasty build up he didn’t have a clean windshield to begin with. I owned a VW where they had a note about it not being compatible with windshield washer fluid sensor. I used it for 5 years on my 1st Legacy, 4 years on my current one.

One note is that I tried the Green Rain-X once in the summer. I still had some in my reservoir and found it froze at 25F and my washer fluid.

This is a valid point!

Even if: the orange blue pink purple chrome colored wiper fluid if any brand is good or less than such.

Then: the condition of components and the care of the vehicle has a larger influence on the longevity of components and their continued functions.

Except: the case of detrimental materials and poor practices in upkeep, maintenance and repair.

Volkswagon AG has a technical service bulletin (tsb) for those sensors specifically. It’s not AS relevant to other branded vehicles generally. Still relevant and something to keep in mind.

During the summer I just throw distilled water in. During the winter: I add some rubbing alcohol and rain-x additive to the tank but not much else. Winters in the DMV are mild

All great food for thought and on a side note. The shop I trust to do my repairs when I can't is closing. He has been working on my vehicles since 1992. His labor rate is 56 dollars an hour. He is honest and is a pillar of the community. So at 71 he is retiring. Good luck Vince you will be missed.

I looked at the reservoir and that sensor is inside of the unit. It could be a transducer of some type. The electric pig tail and the pump plug into it from the outside.

He removed the tire. The wheel well cover, and the bottom shroud to get to it.

Take care folks