LegacyGT.com

USDM Spec b nav issues

I own a 2008 USDM Spec b, and a few months ago whole I was driving the oem nav went black, flashed the Subaru logo a few times, then stayed black for the rest of the drive. It does this Everytime I drive the car. While the screen is black and the headlights are off, the buttons below the screen blink 4 times, wait a few seconds, then blink 4 times again, repeating for the whole time the car is on. I've only seen a mention of this "code 4" on one other post, and there was no more info on it.

I think the old nav unit is cool, and I do not want to replace it with an Android tablet like many here have. I have taken it out of the car and inspected the connects and the PCB, and I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

I tried emailing Subaru for more info, and if course I was just told to bring it to a dealer. Any info is greatly appreciated

FWIW, make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight.

Back in the late summer and fall of 2004, (I bought my car July 1st 2004), from time to time the radio and HVAC systems would do funny things.

While getting the car ready for winter, one of my checks is the battery cables. I found them loose from the factory. After cleaning and tightening them, the issues went away.

I have not heard of your issue in my time on this forum.

Oh, I also use the WAZE app on my phone for NAV, it's much better and has free updates.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
FWIW, make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight.

Back in the late summer and fall of 2004, (I bought my car July 1st 2004), from time to time the radio and HVAC systems would do funny things.

While getting the car ready for winter, one of my checks is the battery cables. I found them loose from the factory. After cleaning and tightening them, the issues went away.

I have not heard of your issue in my time on this forum.

Oh, I also use the WAZE app on my phone for NAV, it's much better and has free updates.

Both battery cables are on snugly and I don't have any other weird issues with radio or climate control, just the nav unit cutting in and out. I use Android auto for actual directions, I just like the oem unit for the charm

Yeah, I think your going to have to get over it. These things are getting old...nothing last forever. I'm beginning to learn to live with the ERR flashing on the combo meter in my wagon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here