LegacyGT.com

Alignment !

Interesting. It looks like lane departure adds one more layer of complexity for an alignment. I was reading that it doesn't necessarily need to go to a dealership, but it will need to go to a shop with proper equipment to align the sensors. I would ask the large tire shops in your area.

Just found out if you have lane departure warning you have to go to the dealer for a alignment , is this true ?
I have Eyesite on my 15' 3.6r and have several alignments outside the dealership.. We did a typical 4 wheel alignment with no issues..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Steering angle is one parameter used by the VDC system and by EyeSight, and the sensor for that is in the steering column. If a careless alignment changes the zero point of the steering wheel enough, it could degrade the operation of those systems. If the steering wheel is properly centered before and after alignment, there shouldn't be any problem.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I have a 2015 Legacy w/ Eyes sight, never had an issue. Only issue is if have to change your front window you have to get eye sight get aligned appropriately. Alignment should have anything to do with eyesight
On that note if you replace the windshield the shop does an Alignment check and calibrate.. It's fast and simple seen my guys do it on my car 3 times now..Plugs into my OBD Port turns key in and does its own thing for about 2 to 3 minutes.. The shop told me they have to get a reading of 90% or better it took us a few times to find the sweet spot because of my air suspension but now we hit 98%..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk