LegacyGT.com

Soo.. this happened....

What I thought was a junk clutch that had maybe 12k miles on it.. found this. Ball joint didn't break, strut didn't come loose from the knuckle, nothing. Drove it approximately 15 miles to work as I thought it was a slipping clutch. Replaced with a new axle and seal, but I'm stumped as to how....

Any clues???087c8c9eacd7babc1104ab084b46639e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

jack the car up and see if the wheel moves. I didn't lock in that big nut that attaches the axle to the knuckle, so it slowly undid itself and put slack in the line allowing my wheel to move. I am guessing the slack could also pull it out of the transmission. Worth checking I didn't notice until the front wheels were actually suspended, and I noticed my wheel was moving and realized "oh, that's why it was shimmying on the highway". Have you changed you're knuckles recently or in the past? Edited by Tehnation

jack the car up and see if the wheel moves. I didn't lock in that big nut that attaches the axle to the knuckle, so it slowly undid itself and put slack in the line allowing my wheel to move. I am guessing the slack could also pull it out of the transmission. Worth checking I didn't notice until the front wheels were actually suspended, and I noticed my wheel was moving and realized "oh, that's why it was shimmying on the highway". Have you changed you're knuckles recently or in the past?
Sorry, just saw this. No issues driving at all. Axle nut tight. The only thing I can reasonably assume is that the lock ring was worn and the inner joint was failing.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk