LegacyGT.com

Holy under hood temps Batman

So my access port and air box arrived today, got home packed my car in the garage , made a sandwich.....

When I opened the hood it was unbelievably hot and I legit burned myself on the rod that holds the hood open.

The car is not over heating but how can this be normal ?

Yes it is normal, wrap your DP and UP, wrap your exhaust stuff, turbo blanket, or you can jet coat it to keep temps down. I wrapped my TBE and the temps went down in my garage a bunch. I park inside all them time. That Down pipe and turbo make a ton of heat. lol

That Down pipe and turbo make a ton of heat. lol

Tell me about it. I am going through inner cv boots like crazy :mad:. Can't even count now. Had to change one again yesterday. Completely destroyed into pieces. I need to wrap my DP. It's just getting ridiculous.

Tell me about it. I am going through inner cv boots like crazy :mad:. Can't even count now. Had to change one again yesterday. Completely destroyed into pieces. I need to wrap my DP. It's just getting ridiculous.

After I got my car built, I was driving back up for the protune, I blew a cv boot also. I came back home ordered the best DEI titanium wrap I could find. I have my turbo wrapped with DEI Titanium blanket, full TBE wrapped in the same. I am thinking about wrapping it all the way to the mufflers :lol:. It's almost there.

It makes a big difference wrapping or coating them.

After I got my car built, I was driving back up for the protune, I blew a cv boot also. I came back home ordered the best DEI titanium wrap I could find. I have my turbo wrapped with DEI Titanium blanket, full TBE wrapped in the same. I am thinking about wrapping it all the way to the mufflers :lol:. It's almost there.

It makes a big difference wrapping or coating them.

Where did you get your wrap and stuff?

Also, since the wrap, have you ever had to change another boot? I seriously cannot count how many I have been through including the OEM boots. They fail quick too.

Where did you get your wrap and stuff?

Also, since the wrap, have you ever had to change another boot? I seriously cannot count how many I have been through including the OEM boots. They fail quick too.

Well you can get it online, make sure it's DEI Titanium. It's the top stuff they sale. I actually double wrapped my DP near that boot and more. I have not one problem since. The shop that built my car told me that it would happen again if I did not do something. Cooler temps, and no boot problems.

How many miles do you think you've done since the wrap job?

Edit: also found this bit of info from this page:

"NOTE: Wrapping of the catalytic converter is not recommended, as overheating can lead to reduced lifetime of the converter. Instead, try our Corvette Catalytic Converter Shield or create your own shield using our Floor & Tunnel Shield II™."

Edit 2: I may get this instead specifically to place between the catalytic converter and the cv boot --> https://www.designengineering.com/titanium-pipe-shield-4-x-8/

Sorry OP for thread jacking :spin:

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Ya I wrapped all my bits on my last project, when I put the new parts in I will do the same , was concerned because I have snow where I live but this is just nuts , has to be done, also wondering where I can find a blanket for my 16g

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk