LegacyGT.com

Coolant.

Hi everybody, newbie here . Got problem with coolant , very low level. Come to dealership, was told 99$ plus whatever need to fix. Car is legacy 2018 2.5 with 30000 miles. Was told out of warranty wtf?:mad:

Sitting in hall waiting for diagnose. :spin:

Update, nothing found, so they just added coolant. Guy say keeping eyes on level.

Edited by Igor77

Got problem with coolant , very low level.

Have you been checking the coolant level regularly? Is the coolant level low in the radiator, or just low in the expansion tank reservoir? Is this a new problem? Are there any obvious external signs of leakage (e.g. coolant on garage floor)?

Car is legacy 2018 2.5 with 30000 miles. Was told out of warranty wtf?
A coolant leak may be covered under the 5 year/60,000 mile drive train warranty. You have read the Subaru warranty, haven't you?

... nothing found, so they just added coolant.
Not surprising. It is not unusual to have to top up the coolant reservoir occasionally ... i.e. every six months to a year. If there was enough air in your Legacy's cooling system, you may have to top up every month or so for a while, as the air slowly migrates out of the system. Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Hi , no I didn't check coolant regularly (you would think new car).

Level was low almost on the bottom extinction tank. No leak no smell.

Dealership technician send my video, how he check :lol:. (Sorry can't attach)

Im check my paper on warranty 10 years 100000 miles , but nothing about coolant or pumps .:mad:

Well lesson learned (for 99$ I got refill :lol:)