LegacyGT.com

First roadtrip in my new old XT.

East TN to Charleston and back. My first roadtrip in this car.

Vehicle is 100% stock outside of Cobb AP with Stage 1 91 octane map.

Dang hot out, temps in the upper 80's to mid 90's the entire time.

MPG was meh, between the stops for wifey to nurse the kiddo and leaving the AC blasting at idle due to the aforementioned heat and the 80MPH cruising to make up time for the aforementioned nursing stops. Got in the 20-22MPG range.

She handled well. Has picked up a bit of a rough idle at coming to a stop light recently. No MIL on the dash or the AP, gonna hunt down my old ScanGauge II and see if there are any pending codes.

Otherwise, likely a bottle of fuel system cleaner, install the PCV that's been sitting staring at me, and check the plugs as I'm not sure how old they are. Maybe 30K?

Funnily enough, I just took my new OB on its first road trip out to Eastern Oregon today. 760mi later, a little oil was consumed, and everything works flawless (just as before).

Atmospheric temp ranges were from 56 F to 101 F

The Cascades felt good in the car. Everything beyond those were rolling hills/plains which just got old after awhile.

Otherwise, I just spent 12hrs in the car today, and I'm not sick of it yet!

MILKRUN  - Click Here

The lgt is a surprisingly comfortable car for long trips.

when i had my white LGT wagon I drove that from MN to the Pacific on two different trips, the Atlantic, the Gulf of Mexico... every state west of the Mississippi and nearly every state east of it but south of the Mason Dixon.

Wife slept like a baby and I could just put miles on it. I did just west of Spokane to St. Paul MN in one shot.

Comfy indeed. Nostalgia hitting me pretty hard these days, I'm thinking it's time to track down another wagon once I sell my house.

I could suck start a snow blower.

when i had my white LGT wagon I drove that from MN to the Pacific on two different trips, the Atlantic, the Gulf of Mexico... every state west of the Mississippi and nearly every state east of it but south of the Mason Dixon.

Wife slept like a baby and I could just put miles on it. I did just west of Spokane to St. Paul MN in one shot.

Comfy indeed. Nostalgia hitting me pretty hard these days, I'm thinking it's time to track down another wagon once I sell my house.

race wagon is still for sale...

East TN to Charleston and back. My first roadtrip in this car.

Vehicle is 100% stock outside of Cobb AP with Stage 1 91 octane map.

Dang hot out, temps in the upper 80's to mid 90's the entire time.

MPG was meh, between the stops for wifey to nurse the kiddo and leaving the AC blasting at idle due to the aforementioned heat and the 80MPH cruising to make up time for the aforementioned nursing stops. Got in the 20-22MPG range.

She handled well. Has picked up a bit of a rough idle at coming to a stop light recently. No MIL on the dash or the AP, gonna hunt down my old ScanGauge II and see if there are any pending codes.

Otherwise, likely a bottle of fuel system cleaner, install the PCV that's been sitting staring at me, and check the plugs as I'm not sure how old they are. Maybe 30K?

I just did some basic maintenance on my wife's wrx. What a difference. It was earlier than the manual suggested but car is so much more fun to drive. Spark plugs will help, be sure to get correct ones. if you haven't checked the air filter yet, that might be an issue

Gotta love road trip stories...

I bought my Spec B out of Illinois 11 years ago, my wife and I flew out, and drove it back to central Washington state, tag team, about 30 hours straight.

Gary

Edited by All_talk

race wagon is still for sale...

as amazing as that car is, i think i want a street car/summer daily rather than another race car. I have the civic that I'm building for Gridlife.

I could suck start a snow blower.

Also just came back from a 1500 mile road trip from Utah, through middle of nowhere Nevada (Area 51 :spin:), then through Yosemite, then crossed Cal to get to Monterey. Drove along the coast for half a day, then back to Utah through south of the Sierra Nevada mountains and Death valley! All in all, very little driving on the freeway. It was fun. 3 small kids, wife and I. Camping gears and two bmx :).

Car ran great. Amazing how much performance you gain when both temp and elevation go down: where I live, current temps are like 100F+ @ 2600 ft elevation. Usually getting a peak load of ~2.7 g/rev at best. Then, when I was driving along the California coast with 65F temp @ 0 ft elevation, I was consistently hitting peak load of 3.25 g/rev. I could definitely feel the diff in torque. Man, I miss it.

IMG_20210806_164212.thumb.jpg.9843f84caf2232aeda5a34aad822b5e4.jpg

Edited by xt2005bonbon