LegacyGT.com

My Subaru Legacy 2.5i manual

So the car is pretty stock other than some coil overs and a few other things but I don’t know much about cars tbh but I really like the way it looks so I was wondering if an engine swap is worth it and what engine would be the best possible swap of another Subaru engine that is faster. Now I know it would be expensive and stuff I just want it to be faster tbh, also I would wanna keep it a suby so another Subaru engine would be dope any suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the car is pretty stock other than some coil overs and a few other things but I don’t know much about cars tbh but I really like the way it looks so I was wondering if an engine swap is worth it and what engine would be the best possible swap of another Subaru engine that is faster. Now I know it would be expensive and stuff I just want it to be faster tbh, also I would wanna keep it a suby so another Subaru engine would be dope any suggestions??

Nope, I have had two 2.5i subies, and they are not to me modded to go fast. Handle and look good is what you need to do. Sell her and get an LGT if you want to go fast or want performance,

Nope, I have had two 2.5i subies, and they are not to me modded to go fast. Handle and look good is what you need to do. Sell her and get an LGT if you want to go fast or want performance,

Yea but I was saying like what is I bought an engine and stuff to swap I guess like the lgt like would it be worth it or

Actually tbh I was like more or less asking what engine would be like a better and faster engine, like the lgt or spec b yk

most all subarus of this vintage use the same engine block, tuned differently, with different heads and turbos for various power levels.

LGT and Spec.B have identical engines.

If your car does not have a turbo, save yourself the time and money and headaches by just buying a car that has it already. Unless of course you want to do it as a (fun) project, go nuts.

The price difference between the models is less than the cost of swapping in a turbo engine, plus the GT had some upgrades that were not available on the 2.5i, seats, brakes etc. If you want a good project, find a GT with a blown turbo or motor. Put in a new Subaru short block and rebuild the turbo. If done right, you will have a good reliable 4th Gen GT.

The price difference between the models is less than the cost of swapping in a turbo engine, plus the GT had some upgrades that were not available on the 2.5i, seats, brakes etc. If you want a good project, find a GT with a blown turbo or motor. Put in a new Subaru short block and rebuild the turbo. If done right, you will have a good reliable 4th Gen GT.

So basically I should just sell my car and buy the gt if I want a faster car? So it would save money and hassle but like is it worth it?

I'm doing a 07 sti swap in my 08 2.5i. Just wonder to go with iag or a Crawford ej257

Go IAG or outfront motorsports. Both are good. like said e before the swaps are not going to work right. The cars are just opposite. It's like people that put ej20x in there car and wonder why they never work.