LegacyGT.com

Rotating Tires

This is first vehicle i have owned that has tire pressure sensors. I always rotate tires a couple times a year. But i am wary because i have friends with other vehicles that have tps sensors & they said after rotating tires lights are on all over the dash. So just wondering what everyone else does to remedy the problem. Thanks

Whatever happens, dont let flashing tpms light deter you from doing rotations. You may bust a differential.

Subaru's AWD systems have one of the lowest tolerance for front/rear tread depth in the industry. So keeping things even via regular rotations has added importance in this case.

never had an issue with TPMS and rotating tires, on any vehicle, and you shouldn't unless you are switching out wheels for, say, winter tires/track wheels etc. i personally rotate mine every oil change or around 4k miles(one side's done while waiting for the oil to drain, the other side while the oil filter housing is draining) and haven't had a problem with uneven wear or feathering.

Realistically you aren’t checking tire pressures once a month as recommended so you should know that, at least in my 5th gen, it does not give specifics as to which tires is low. It makes a difference only if other vehicle sensors are swapped on (winter -> summer).

If it gives you peace of mind, you can spend the money on a tool to resync the sensors. I don’t find it worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk