LegacyGT.com

Current gauge options , suggestions please.

I have looked threw some threads and they all very dated and most the products are out of production.

Looking for , oil pressure and temp, water temp, boost and wide band afr.

I want to go ahead and do the turbo oil feed mod wile I'm at it but the links for the sandwich plate needed are dead. Was hoping for a sandwich plate with 3 ports and oil gauges with senders that would fit it.

When it comes to boost that's pretty straightforward but still would like suggestions.

Now the afr ....I see the downpipes with the extra bung but is right after the turbo !??!!

Thoughts on this as a viable location.

I plan to change out my fuel pump as well as run corn juice and I would really like an accurate reading here to que me on o-ring failure's as well as any other lean conditions.

Thanks joe

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I am currently fond of AEM gauges atm, I have the wideband, except I made my own dump pipe so I added in a bung at the 18" the installation manual says to.

I've got a Kobe Motorsport 265l/h pump kit in my post face gen 4, which I believe is just a rebranded offset DW pump, but came with a heap of extra o rings and few other pieces. Absolutely quiet pump, i'm very happy with it.

accessport tells you alot.

btss something something (forget the name) which outputs to your phone or nexus if you buy the kit.

rant:

Gauges are useful for telling you something, if you happen to see it when it happens. Also they are fun when your cellphone is no longer interesting. Other than that, meh. A data logger is more useful.

btss something something (forget the name) which outputs to your phone or nexus if you buy the kit.

rant:

Gauges are useful for telling you something, if you happen to see it when it happens. Also they are fun when your cellphone is no longer interesting. Other than that, meh. A data logger is more useful.

Accessport doesn't work for us peasants in 2.5i's in AUS. Basically we're stuck with Romraider and some certain models of freessm/bdssm don't work either as there is no definitions for the models.

From everything I've seen, only datalogging program I've managed to get working properly is RomRaider through Tactrix on laptop. And I still can't use ECUFlash to tune as there is no definitions ever made for a Aus delivered 2008 2.5i with 4EAT and EJ253.

I’m running 52mm Defi boost gauge / Speedhut oil pressure gauge in my cubby and have been happy with those. Chose the Speedhut one as it has a bright red LED embedded into the face that you can program to come on at a setting you choose if pressure drops too low. With the Cobb AP full time mounted to the dash now in the track car, I’d opt for a oil temp gauge instead of boost since the AP has a good layout for boost and a ton of other parameters. Will probably set it up to just a two up display next season to show coolant temp and gear position. The icons are pretty good size with a two up display

rant:

I all honestly it's probably not necessary with how I will use the car but the best part of a turbo car is boost gauge lol....I also got acustom to having wideband and I like to see it , tickles me deeply

I’m running 52mm Defi boost gauge / Speedhut oil pressure gauge in my cubby and have been happy with those. Chose the Speedhut one as it has a bright red LED embedded into the face that you can program to come on at a setting you choose if pressure drops too low. With the Cobb AP full time mounted to the dash now in the track car, I’d opt for a oil temp gauge instead of boost since the AP has a good layout for boost and a ton of other parameters. Will probably set it up to just a two up display next season to show coolant temp and gear position. The icons are pretty good size with a two up display
Nice , thank you will check those out, where did you tap off for the oil sensor

I've been using btssm for more than 5 years now. It's been very useful and helped me catch some issues before these became worse. For instance, I began noticing a few weeks back higher than normal fuel trims on one of my cars. Well, lo and behold, found a small tear in the turbo inlet hose last week. Without the app, I would not have checked for vacuum leaks, as the car appeared to run OK. But it was in fact knocking quite a lot due to lean conditions.

Nice , thank you will check those out, where did you tap off for the oil sensor

Had Cobb Surgeline install the Oil Pressure gauge when I put the forged motor in a few years back so unsure where its tapped into.

Had Cobb Surgeline install the Oil Pressure gauge when I put the forged motor in a few years back so unsure where its tapped into.
Nice got a quote for either grocery getter forged, or stock sa block and head job....10k that sound reasonable ?

rant:

I have been wanting to pull the trigger on the AEM digital dash CD-5, with the 22 sensor part that would connect to our cars. I really want a digital dash. Any thoughts? :cool: