LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT wagon with Outback suspension?

Weird request probably, but i have an 05 LGT Wagon. Looking to move 6000 miles away and we bought a trailer. I'll be pulling said trailer with said car. I've done a few runs to the landfill and goodwill, and while the car does just fine, the rear sag is too much for my liking. I've seen the saggy butt spacers, but those are only like 1/2 an inch before you need to swap out the studs. i figure if I'm going to get spring compressors and do that whole job, maybe it'd be better to just throw some outback coils and springs on it. I found some

Will those work, and if so, will they raise the car, and if they do, will i need additional things for the geometry to work out? I will of course get an alignment after the install.

I did also find some lift springs that fit on the outback struts, something else I'd like to do, unless they would fit on the struts i have now, that'd be ideal.

Anybody have any ideas on the best option?

Ideally, I'd just like the saggy butt spacers and stiffer springs. Seems all i can find for legacy's are lowering springs.

I looked on Subaru and the struts and springs are obviously different part numbers for the Legacy and Outback.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe happier but much much poorer.

Uhauls from Alaska to Maine aren't cheap. And they have a 2 week limit then you're charged extra per day. We are going to take our time and enjoy the drive vs long haul speed run it. That's no way to enjoy a road trip.

That said, we are going to long haul through Canada, since they don't want us there. that's fine, but once in America we're taking it real easy and seeing the sights. Uhauls are restrictive and expensive for our adventure.

I am now looking at buying a 4runner or xterra or something smalll, but has better tow capability and higher clearance. LGT will either get shipped to family in idaho, sold, or stored and retrieved later.

Maybe happier but much much poorer.

Uhauls from Alaska to Maine aren't cheap. And they have a 2 week limit then you're charged extra per day. We are going to take our time and enjoy the drive vs long haul speed run it. That's no way to enjoy a road trip.

That said, we are going to long haul through Canada, since they don't want us there. that's fine, but once in America we're taking it real easy and seeing the sights. Uhauls are restrictive and expensive for our adventure.

I am now looking at buying a 4runner or xterra or something smalll, but has better tow capability and higher clearance. LGT will either get shipped to family in idaho, sold, or stored and retrieved later.

I'll come to Alaska with a truck and trailer, move you to Maine and haul your lgt back to my home in Utah [emoji6] and I have a set of rear outback struts/coils if you need them

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

I would look into " helper bags" they sit inside of stock springs and you inflate them with a compressor not 100 percent you can find a size that will fit but it's very likely....also your insane.....

legacy + trailer + alcan highway = almost certain heart break

Not to mention the rest of the trip across America, I would seriously consider having what would be put in the trailer shipped and packing essentials in the wagon, I have done the alcan ....granted in winter but man that a lot of miles and breaking down in Canada is not a good thing for a US citizen, I wouldn't personally do it in anything but a new car.

Either way good luck to you.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I would look into " helper bags" they sit inside of stock springs and you inflate them with a compressor not 100 percent you can find a size that will fit but it's very likely....also your insane.....

legacy + trailer + alcan highway = almost certain heart break

Not to mention the rest of the trip across America, I would seriously consider having what would be put in the trailer shipped and packing essentials in the wagon, I have done the alcan ....granted in winter but man that a lot of miles and breaking down in Canada is not a good thing for a US citizen, I wouldn't personally do it in anything but a new car.

Either way good luck to you.

No room for helper springs with the rear shock in there

Bought a 2007 xterra. Manual Transmission.

shipping the LGT to WA will be $1245. Haven't decided if i'll sell it up here or ship it and store it at my Mom's place in ID, then come back for it once we're settled in Maine.

That's a decision for next week.

Bought a 2007 xterra. Manual Transmission.

shipping the LGT to WA will be $1245. Haven't decided if i'll sell it up here or ship it and store it at my Mom's place in ID, then come back for it once we're settled in Maine.

That's a decision for next week.

Used car prices are threw the roof I would ship it and sell if you need the scoots