LegacyGT.com

Clutch pedal engagement struggles post clutch and transmission replacement

So over the last far too long I’ve been working on replacing my clutch and transmission in my 05 lgt wagon. I finally got it all buttoned up and have found that the engagement point for my clutch is so high that I can’t even fully disengage it, with the pedal all the way out it sits right at the engagement point. So I’ve been trying to adjust the pedal with the bolt system above the gas pedal and was just wondering if anyone has done this and has any advice for me, it’s about impossible for me to access the bolt considering I’m a pretty big guy. I’ve managed to get the locking bolt unscrewed but can’t seem to thread the bolt in to adjust at all so if anyone has some tips it would be much appreciated, and my second question is should I spin the bolt clockwise or counterclockwise, I’m fairly sure it’s counterclockwise but just want some assurance there. Thanks.

You need to check and make sure the slave cylinder piston rod is moving straight and not at a downward angle.

I had to pull my tranny once and put the fork back on the pivot ball.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You can do it with the trans in place. Pull the rubber boot off the shift fork and look down the backside of it to make sure the pivot ball is in the divot in the fork. You and a helper can check the slave cylinder like Max said at the same time, just make sure the pusher is seated into the fork when you do. Edited by awfulwaffle

(This assumes your turbos are like my non-turbo)

You can't pull up on the clutch fork to remove it. There are retaining clips holding the fork to the throw out bearing, and the throw out bearing is held securely in place by the transmission input shaft.

You basically have to find a way to pop the fork over the ball if it's just riding on top of the clutch fork pivot ball. Wonder if you can pull back hard on the top of the fork, where the slave cylinder pin goes? Pry bar down the hole, with leverage against something high up? Attached a pic to show how the fork pops over the ball, two metal wires

https://youtu.be/xnYe4GZMvSo?t=403

clutchfork.jpg.9b58f36b3784cd1171c0a1b9e2301ffa.jpg

Yup, no easy answer. All I can say is that I managed to wiggle/pull mine enough to get it to pop back in place, so it is physically possible. That said, I don't have any retainers on the TOB so have room to move. You could try pulling one side of the retainer clip out of its hole on the fork to give you more wiggle room, but getting it back in afterwards sounds like a nightmare. Edited by awfulwaffle

Bingo you guys hit the nail on the head! Now how do I fix it lol, I can’t seem to pull it up by hand from above, am I missing something?

See post # 3.

Your going to have to slide the tranny back so you can get your hand up in there.

I removed mine and took it back to the guy who had just rebuilt it to verify it wasn't anything internal. It wasn't.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here