LegacyGT.com

Auto Climate Control

JMack

I bought a 2005 Legacy GT Wagon with the HUGE Radio / Climate control combo. I know there is a path to go with the JDM Climate control and the bezel for the double din radio. But I am curious about something.

It appears that the Climate Control communicates with the Controller via a Control Unit mounted to the Blower Motor Unit. If this is an accurate statement, that would plausibly be through CANBUS, right? If that is the case, and it does communicate via CANBUS, couldn't there be a way to use the wiring and an appropriate CANBUS controller to do interactions with the Climate control digitally (think arduino, raspberry pi, or even a CANBUS enabled head unit for the radio like the Tesla)?

I am not an electrical / electronic engineer, just an Avionics Tech who has lots of experience with Databus technologies.

You may want to make a post in the 4th Gen forum asking for help with this thread.

You may get a better response.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here