LegacyGT.com

Front Brakes Hold Pressure

09 Legacy GT Auto - Long story short. Bought car. Had rusted rear lines. Replaced. Replaced all 4 rotors/pads. Replaced front calipers. Had to double-pump brake pedal to get car to even try to slow down. Replaced master cylinder. Front pads seemed to keep pressure. Let sit for 30-1 hour, pressure releases. Replaced calipers again. same thing. Replaced both front hoses. Same thing. Replaced master cylinder again. Did good for about 5 days, same problem again. Replaced ABS unit. Same problem. 2 bad master cylinders??? Getting pretty frustrated at this point....

Brake booster or the hose going to it? This is kind of over my head, but that's what I'd be looking at next (smoke test?)

"Also, rusted brake lines are a recall item"

Subaru just sprays anti-corrosion wax on them if they're not leaking, people have had their lines fail after subaru performed the recall

Edited by apexi

I know on my LGT, the recall was a total replacement, and here in Canada at least, if they were rusty, they'd be replaced. That recall also is what caused my car's current issue (that I inherited) of a recurrent P1446 trouble code... Didn't know about the bandaid repair that was the waxy spray on non-rusty, non-leaky brake lines.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Car already had the spray wax recall, so local dealers would not touch it (plus here in Alabama Subaru dealers are not the most informed). It's had PLENTY of bleeds ands fluid through it. Probably ly close to a quart or better now. People keep telling me sounds like bad master cylinder. Could I have gotten 2 bad ones? First one that failed right away was a rebuild (I'm guessing). It was in a plain black box that my local independent place ordered and got in for me next day. Rockauto was the second one and it said it was a new Cardone and it lasted 5 days before the same thing happened. Try another maybe??

Try your local auto wreckers and find an STi master cyl. Improves brake feel. I suggest this since you're already in there. Otherwise, I'm at a loss

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

The Cardone 133371 according to RockAuto is the same for a 09 Legacy Turbo and 09 Impreza Turbo (WRX).