LegacyGT.com

How much better is the 2020+ Legacy vs. Previous Gen

Hi everyone, I sold my '16 Legacy a couple months ago to Carvana because at the time they gave a pretty good deal. Overall I was happy with the car, but it developed some issues that I needed to get out it. I haven't test driven a 2020+ yet, but I was wondering what is your impression on the newest gen vs the 2016 I drove for about 2 years?

One thing that really annoys me, is the torque converter judder around 30-40mph, my Legacy had it pretty bad, and I've been driving an '18 Crosstrek the past couple of months and it has it almost the same. I also couldn't stand the touchy throttle on my '16 Legacy, the Crosstrek doesn't seem as bad, how is it in the new Legacy?

In the end I probably jumped the gun getting rid of my old car given the shortages now, but it is what it is. Thanks!

I haven't experienced any judder in my 2020 2.4T at any speed. But I have a loaner 2018 Forester right now and there is definitely some shudder/ jerking going on.

I have only driven a 2018 Legacy sport once but the 2020 feels like a completely different car. I'd recommend test driving one to see if you like the new "features" with almost everything being controlled by the big screen vs actual buttons.

Also the choice between the 2.5 and the 2.4 turbo, big difference performance wise.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I had a 16 2.5 premium and now own a 20 sport 2.5 I’ve had for 19 months. I’m happy with the car. I like the sport mode. It’s not faster, it just drives different with higher rpms before shifting. Overall, I like almost everything better about the car. The remote start with the app is awesome. The only thing I’d change is the leather strip down the middle of the seat. Your back can get a little hot in the summer, but I guess that’s what the AC is for. Haha. To me it’s worth it. I didn’t get the XT bc of price. I can’t lease. I drive way too many miles, and I refuse to pay over $500/month for a car. Lol