LegacyGT.com

Is this FMIC garbage ?

Going to pull by bumper new weekend and I came across this.

https://www.cxracing.com/KIT-LEGACY-B4-IC0036-L

Plan on doing a vf52 in the near future and was probably going to do the grim speed tmic, but if this will perform at least as well think I will go this route because it sure is warm under the hood.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Save your money and do quality parts. Do not rush on these 05 + turbo subarus. If done right and taken care of, they will be great cars, but if you try to cut corners and go cheap they will break your heart.

You can get those parts and they car will be fine, there is just better quality. You can do ebay parts and they will work, I am not knocking on that, just worry about fitment and hassle if it does not fit.

fmic is not your friend. lots of lag unless done right. this one has lots of issues just from following pipe runs.

gs tmic will provide a much better solution.

brw, idk what platform you came from. nothing about modifying this car is going to be cheap. 10k is a normal number for engine builds, by the time you get done . it can be done cheaper invariably leading to part-out thread

fmic is not your friend. lots of lag unless done right. this one has lots of issues just from following pipe runs.

gs tmic will provide a much better solution.

brw, idk what platform you came from. nothing about modifying this car is going to be cheap. 10k is a normal number for engine builds, by the time you get done . it can be done cheaper invariably leading to part-out thread

Audi TT 1.8 turbo was my last, it wasn't cheap lol, some things you could get by on, mostly silicone, . I actually had a cxracing front mount intercooler on it though lol.

Motor mounts, fuel system, exhaust, turbo extera all where pricey, lots of 42 draft design parts.

Was just quoted 6500 for OEM long block and Valve job, not terrible.

Thinking I will do the grimspeed , down and up pipe and the vf52 and see how she does. O and got to have the meth and e85 don't think I could live without it.

My lgt was actually my mom's and has higher miles so full expecting the motor rebuild even though it's stock and was owned by a kid

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk