LegacyGT.com

New Thule Cargo Box-Pics

add_rock

After some research and posting on the forum, I went with the Thule 440 rack and the Cascade 1500 XT cargo box. It's a snap to install and use. I got the rack from ORS Racks Direct for $147. I got the box from the local EMS in town for $341 - the manager gave me 10% off since it was a display modelhttp://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif.

It will make our upcoming holiday roadtrip a breezehttp://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif.

IMG_0189_1_1.JPG.3ec7980fe889a533b112116a4aea5a68.JPG

IMG_0190_1_1.JPG.03a3a9437f646d830c86233c6311af79.JPG

IMG_0191_1_1.JPG.10094ddcccdae3dc00aecef1bce00d66.JPG

IMG_0192_1_1.JPG.50301e7f272ca1ff34dc9b746751f820.JPG

I noticed in the first pic that you have a basketball hoop. How long have you been playing ball?:laugh:

Your car looks good with the Thule box. I have a Silver wagon as well and I'm debating to put a roof rack on. My wife and I have a Outback wagon as well that we have a Yakima roof rack on and we take that when we have to take the bikes somewhere.

Jonny

Yakima makes two different models. One opens from the right side and one opens from the left side. I have one that opens on the right side (passenger side). It's nice for when your putting ski or snowboard boots or cycling shoes on when your sitting in the front seat -the steering wheels not in the way- if your not using the tail/lift. I've even drilled some holes and rivoted some velcro in so things -ski poles/bike pump- don't slide around while driving offroad. We usually only use it when we are going on big trips. It keeps the car less cluttered. :)

Jonny

In reply to previous posts:

-I've been ballin' since I was a youngster - I can finally dunk on that hoop in the picturehttp://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif!

-Yeah, you can lock the Thule 440 rack to the car. The lock cores are not included, though.

-The XT model of the Cascade box opens on both sides.

I haven't had a chance to pack up the box yet, but am looking forward to it on a trip to MI over Xmas.

Yakima makes two different models. One opens from the right side and one opens from the left side. I have one that opens on the right side (passenger side). It's nice for when your putting ski or snowboard boots or cycling shoes on when your sitting in the front seat -the steering wheels not in the way- if your not using the tail/lift. I've even drilled some holes and rivoted some velcro in so things -ski poles/bike pump- don't slide around while driving offroad. We usually only use it when we are going on big trips. It keeps the car less cluttered. :)

Yakima makes one that opens on both sides . I have one for my wagon . Its Silver to Boot too!

yakima.jpg.5b2638bb633cab2d7d456c4a546ea45d.jpg

• 3 years later...

Archived