LegacyGT.com

2 Questions

Aryx

Sorry guys if I put this in the wrong thread but I'm sure the Mods can move it appropriately. I don't know where this belongs as I have 2 questions, 1 regarding rearview mirror and the other involving a possible steering wheel problem. I've searched countless times on this site and couldn't find an answer to them so I might as well ask them.

1. Is the 2005 USDM Legacy 2.5i prewired for the homelink/compass mirror? I bought one and just as I was walking out the door the parts guy said it was for the wagon not the sedan. I didn't argue with him just got my money back and headed home.

2. When I wiggle my steering wheel, I get this slight tapping sound, is this a common thing in Legacies? I've never had any other car do this and I don't remember the test car having this 'attribute'.

Thanks in advance guys.:dm:

1) I believe the homelink/compass mirror is a universal mirror made by a third party company, it should fir. You probably have to splice it to the map lights (Do you have those?) If you want to save some bucks ebay sometimes has them from other cars. They should be the same. I have the samme mirror on my altima and legacy. It is a dealer installed option.

2) not sure what you mean by the sound, but I do not have any noise coming from that area.

x

---

Well regarding the first question...

When I went to the dealer and had the package in my hand, I actually opened it up and looked at the instructions. From the illustrations in it, it showed that the Legacy was prewired for it! But the problem is, the instructions didn't indicate if it was a wagon or sedan. Oh well, I guess I'll take apart the map lights to find out. Either way I was stupid, I should have taken the mirror regardless, I would've had to splice maybe 2 or 3 wires.

Thanks for the response laz, much appreciated man.

Aryx, cant answer the first question as we dont have this mirror here in Oz / JDM Spec.

2nd Question, I own a MY01 and have driven a lot of WRX's, STi's, SpecB's and Liberties and have never heard this issue. Sounds very random and if it concerns you greatly, get it checked out at the dealership. Ring your SA first and explain the problem over the phone and see if they can recommend anything but Im sure they will ask you to come in.

Let us know how you go........

Unsure if this thread was moved but if not, yes u picked the correct forum. Well done.

Ada///M.

I'm pretty sure the Mirror will fit. I just bought one from www.subarugenuineparts.com (187.20 + shipping) and installed it myself. Everything is prewired. it shouldn't matter if it's for the Sedan or Wagon. Should be the same for both. I'd at least try to install it, and if it doesn't fit take it back. you shouldn't have to cut any wires as there is a plug already there.

Archived