LegacyGT.com

deicer operation

I tried using my wiper deicer for the first time and noticed that the red indicator light doesn't light up when i push the button. the button light does light up when i turn on the headlights but that isn't related to the actual deicer operation.

i pushed the button with the car running and got no "on" light, and no heat on the windshied. how long should it take to heat up and how warm should it get? i think i'll be needing my first trip to the dealer for warranty work...

did you actually push the button? ;)

sounds like you have a small issue. could be a fuse - not sure if the heater element for the windshield is on a separate fuse or not.

as far as how long it takes ... I've noticed melting taking place within 30 seconds.

ok something is definitely not right then. i push the button, no 'on' light, no heat.

jedi-all i needed was confirmation that something was not right and it wasn't just me overlooking something. since i never saw the deicer system actually work, i wasn't sure if i was missing something silly.

thanks for the info!

Just to clarify; the electric windshield deicer only operates in the area under where the wipers park, not the entire windshield. But if the switch is lighting up when the headlights are on and not lighting up when the headlights are off - that's not normal. As far as I know, the deicer should work any time the ignition is on.

yeah i know the area under the wipers is where the deicer is located. to clarify my statement, the "on" light never comes on when i push the button, headlights on or not. the only activity i can see on the button is the button light that comes on with the headlights that is simply for locating the button in the dark.

well it snowed last night so i'd better get this fixed soon!

Some of you people are the most confused mofos I have ever seen.

We have 3 sets of electric defrosters. The wiper deicers with their own button. When pushed a little red light on the button should come on to say they're on. The rear defroster and side view mirror defrosters are activated by the rear defroster button.

Rely18. Check you fuses. Try pressing the button harder. go to dealer.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

thanks. i'm not confused. should have never posted about something i already kinda knew was not working properly. thought maybe others might have had similar problems in the past and make helpful suggestions. thats all.

i'll check the fuses and go to the dealer. thanks!

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

The wipers are on their own!

The rear Defroster and Side views go together!!!!

friggin MOFO's!!!!

I'm not sure I understand...could you repeat, please? ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived