LegacyGT.com

What did Subaru do the rear end of the Legacy??

We have a 2015 Legacy Premium that has served us well. Our daughter has the car now at school. Looking at getting a new 2021 Legacy Limited. Love the car and features, but my god, what did Subaru do that rear end? That big black plastic panel over where the exhaust would normally be seen just looks hideous. What were they thinking. If I can get myself past that horrific rear end, is there anything else I should know about the new versions?

We have a 2015 Legacy Premium that has served us well. Our daughter has the car now at school. Looking at getting a new 2021 Legacy Limited. Love the car and features, but my god, what did Subaru do that rear end? That big black plastic panel over where the exhaust would normally be seen just looks hideous. What were they thinking. If I can get myself past that horrific rear end, is there anything else I should know about the new versions?

Everyone is different I guess. I LOVE the rear end! Mine is an XT and those are all I ever considered and looked at so it is different than the one you were looking at. However, I still don't mind the rear end on the ones without dual exhaust. To each his own. If you haven't driven one (especially one with the 11.6" touchscreen), you might find you really like it even with not liking the rear end. I'm very pleased with how the global platform makes the car feel and drive.

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015

• 2 weeks later...

I love the rear end also. Also you can change out parts of the plastic black panel if you want the exhaust cutouts. just buy the ones for the XT and switch them out, it's what I did with my sport when i upgraded the exhaust. you can buy them from Subaru for about $15 bucks a piece