LegacyGT.com

2019 3.6R Build

I finally received 90% of my fixed exhaust parts back yesterday from inferno and installed them. I say 90% because they forgot to send the Y pipe back, but hopefully I'll have that this weekend.

I will add some pictures when it's all together but the fitment is fantastic now. The headers tuck neatly between the frame rails and there is no longer any risk of hitting objects in the road. The welds are perfect and the construction is very high quality.

I think we can/should now add inferno to the 3.6R mod list for the 6th gen now that his measurements are dialed in. I'll ask him for a direct link to the product once we're 100% installed and happy.

• 4 weeks later...

Well....track event went well for the most part besides a small off roading excursion that left the car mostly fine save for some scratches on the lip of the rim...

CVT cooler performed well. Ambient temps were mid 80s, CVT stayed under 230 where it was normally 250 and it got there slower.

Last couple weeks on the street the highest the temps go are 170 where I was seeing 190+ before. Most notably temps are climbing more slowly than before. Unlike oil and coolant temps you don't see it spike, and you don't really see it ever drop much.

It's still not a track car and I don't run the full 20 minute sessions but I'm much more confident that I'm not burning up the fluid as fast. Still plan to change every 50k.

• 8 months later...

Hi Doug, I also have a 3.6R and am considering the nameless exhaust with the mufflers. However, I'm concerned that it will end up being obnoxious over time. Would you happen to have a sound clip? I know comparison won't be EXACT seeing as you have headers and a different resonator, but anything helps! Just want to get an idea of sound before I drop the (non-refundable) money! 

Edited by Mruby87

I tried uploading but it was a trainwreck....email me at kellyent@gmail.com and I'll send it. 

I would say it's a 6 or 7 out of 10 on the loudness scale ....10 being a straight piped V8 and 3 being an Nvidia Q300, 1 being stock.  It's roughly equivalent to an invidia R400 but not nearly as loud as a tomei or anything titanium.

You will get a little drone, and it will have a loud cold start but unless your neighbors are real sensitive I think you'll like it. 

Definitely don't get the muffler delete.

13 minutes ago, DougKelly20 said:

I tried uploading but it was a trainwreck....email me at kellyent@gmail.com and I'll send it. 

I would say it's a 6 or 7 out of 10 on the loudness scale ....10 being a straight piped V8 and 3 being an Nvidia Q300, 1 being stock.  It's roughly equivalent to an invidia R400 but not nearly as loud as a tomei or anything titanium.

You will get a little drone, and it will have a loud cold start but unless your neighbors are real sensitive I think you'll like it. 

Definitely don't get the muffler delete.

Thanks a lot! I will send you an email in a moment. 
I live in a high rise and I park in an underground parking garage so, startup should be fun LOL. 
Sounds like this system is more or less "middle of the road" in regard to sound, that's good. I would not want something super loud and (dare I say) "ricer-y" or anything like that. A nice deep tone with a bit of loud to let people know you're there is what I'm looking for - this car is super quiet right now! 
I definitely would not even consider the muffler delete. I live in Massachusetts and with the way cops are around here, I'd probably be ticketed immediately, never mind going deaf.