LegacyGT.com

09 Legacy, Popping noise when turning right, sometimes going over bumps but rarley.

Hello all,

09 Legacy, I have had this pop for a few months now, whenever turning right or sometimes going bumps I have a Pop sound that sometimes sounds like someone just hit the car with a sledgehammer and I can feel it in the floor of the vehicle, a while back I did jack the car up and checked for free play none at all, sway bar links don't seem to be torn or have any play in them same with the strut mounts.

I'm confused on where to go from here.

Edited by Jags

You might want to take the car to a good repair shop that has a alignment rack and tell them about the issue before something bad happens.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hello all,

09 Legacy, I have had this pop for a few months now, whenever turning right or sometimes going bumps I have a Pop sound that sometimes sounds like someone just hit the car with a sledgehammer and I can feel it in the floor of the vehicle, a while back I did jack the car up and checked for free play none at all, sway bar links don't seem to be torn or have any play in them same with the strut mounts.

I'm confused on where to go from here.

Sway bar end links will pop if the are seized, not just when they have play. So jacking the car up and giving everything a wiggle won't catch a seized up end link. Everything will fill fine and you'll lower the jack and keep driving (and popping). Happened to me the other day with some 4k mile whiteline FSB endlinks.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Sway bar end links will pop if the are seized, not just when they have play. So jacking the car up and giving everything a wiggle won't catch a seized up end link. Everything will fill fine and you'll lower the jack and keep driving (and popping). Happened to me the other day with some 4k mile whiteline FSB endlinks.

If you pull on the sway bar you definitely can feel if an endlink is screwed up in some way, even if one is seized. If it's a factory anti-roll assembly, though, it'll be more likely that the entire sway bar will move a couple inches when jimmied back and forth.

If you pull on the sway bar you definitely can feel if an endlink is screwed up in some way, even if one is seized. If it's a factory anti-roll assembly, though, it'll be more likely that the entire sway bar will move a couple inches when jimmied back and forth.
Ok great, in glad I'm your example you can feel a seized up end link. In my situation, with whiteline FSB, whiteline end links, and whiteline lateral locks there was no movent. Not back and forth, not up and down, not front to back. After removing the links and feeling one joint on one link was seized I replaced them with kartboy. Result? Popping gone.

Ok great, in glad I'm your example you can feel a seized up end link. In my situation, with whiteline FSB, whiteline end links, and whiteline lateral locks there was no movent. Not back and forth, not up and down, not front to back. After removing the links and feeling one joint on one link was seized I replaced them with kartboy. Result? Popping gone.

Ah gotcha, yeah I’ve heard some disappointing things about Whiteline’s quality in the last couple years, guess you can say you’ve got firsthand experience with it. I can attest that Kartboy endlinks are a great solution for our cars.

Ah gotcha, yeah I’ve heard some disappointing things about Whiteline’s quality in the last couple years, guess you can say you’ve got firsthand experience with it. I can attest that Kartboy endlinks are a great solution for our cars.
That's good to hear, I've been happy with the kartboy so far but it's only been a few hundred miles

As far as I could see from just a visual inspection, no torn boots, and ball joints seem okay, I might just give the links or swaybar bushings a shot as they don't seem to be expensive.

The car has only 74k miles on it though has been sitting for a year before I swapped a engine into it.

All tires were replaced before the car was parked, tires were put on dec 2019, I checked once a month to make sure they haven't gone flat.

Edited by Jags

As far as I could see from just a visual inspection, no torn boots, and ball joints seem okay, I might just give the links or swaybar bushings a shot as they don't seem to be expensive.

The car has only 74k miles on it though has been sitting for a year before I swapped a engine into it.

All tires were replaced before the car was parked, tires were put on dec 2019, I checked once a month to make sure they haven't gone flat.

Depending on the amount of rust, a right angle cut off tool may be easier to help remove the out end links.

Do you have some PB Blaster ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Depending on the amount of rust, a right angle cut off tool may be easier to help remove the out end links.

Do you have some PB Blaster ?

No rust on the vehicle at all which shouldn't make this job to difficult.

I do have some PB blaster and a grinder I'll use if I really have to.