LegacyGT.com

ATEQ QuickSet Issues

I am having issues getting my ATEQ QuickSet to switch my car over to the summer wheels TPMS codes. Sensors are ~2yrs old and read out just fine with the VT31 code reader. I have used the Quickset on this car for the past two years for the swapover and have had zero issues until now. The QuickSet also worked just fine for the new winter wheels we recently bought for my wife's 2018 Forester. The one thing that is certainly different this time is the tune in the ECM. I bought a COBB AccessPort this winter and am running a stage1 93oct tune. Does anyone know if this would interfere with the TPMS code programming to the car? BTW, it will not read the TPMS codes in the car either like I did the first time I used the QuickSet.

• 3 weeks later...
So I've used this QuickSet to swap summer/winter wheels on my 2009 LGT and also on my 2008 Legacy 2.5i and my son's 2009 Outback 2.5 when we installed the TPMS modules. After updating it for winter/summer swap on my wife's 2018 Forester it stopped working on all three other 08/09 Legacy/Outback vehicles. I've tried many ways to recover the old DB software version with no success. It works fine on the 2018 Forester but is neutered on my other three vehicles. ATEQ support is responsive but denies there is any issue with the software and they gave up on the issue. Are there any other make devices to program the TPMS codes into the car's ECU?

I have one of these that works well, autel ts508. I bought mine on amazon from some tire distributor out of ohio or PA or somewhere, but the price in his ebay link is like $100 less than what I paid. (Edit: But I don't trust it at all to tell me the tpms sensor battery level, I remember Eric O on south main auto's youtube channel also getting questionable results with it when checking battery level)

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6012648&postcount=7

Edited by apexi