LegacyGT.com

Rear Brake rotor size

Hello all,

New guy here.

Recently bought a 1995 Legacy L Wagon AWD.

It had some pretty rough brakes so I bought a pad and rotor kit for it.

It came with 260mm front rotors and 266mm rear rotors.

The front ones fit fine, but the rears seemed too big, they fit into the brake dust shield, but just barely, and once I put the calipers back on, they practically sat on the rotors and because I didn't realize this right away, I had some terrible squeals during my initial test drive, first brake job BTW, so I ended up putting the old, rusty, rotors back on for now.

So long story short, why does the recommended size of 266mm for rear rotors not fit my car?

PS, per a search on ultimatesubaru, I searched for Jamal's brake thread and confirmed the 266m size for rears.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Edited by un4givn85

Ok, so some photos of what exactly?

I measured the old rotors while they were off, they were 260mm like the fronts, but with the space for the parking brake.

The dust shield didn't seem bent.

This is the kit I bought - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082K8CTQ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The wheels are 15s, Outback wheels if I'm not mistaken.

I can take some photos later today.

Ok, so some photos of what exactly?

I measured the old rotors while they were off, they were 260mm like the fronts, but with the space for the parking brake.

The dust shield didn't seem bent.

This is the kit I bought - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082K8CTQ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The wheels are 15s, Outback wheels if I'm not mistaken.

I can take some photos later today.

Buy the same size rear rotors. Send that kit back and buy a kit that has 260mm all around and save yourself some time. Hope this helps man! I always double check parts on my car before i order them. Ill send a link to the brakes i use :)

Thanks, that would be awesome.

I tried looking for 260mm rears for it, but couldn't find anything.

Me too :confused: I dont understand i would figure since oem is 260(i think)

Send some photos of the rear rotors mounted on with the wheel--The more photos and angles the better