LegacyGT.com

Wiring question- Attempting to locate a GPS tracker under dash

Anyone have any idea what this black box is with the 30amp green fuses attached to each side of the wiring harness? Theres another black box on the other side of the harness (can only see the 2nd green amp in pic). The electrical tape looks newer. There are also two thick white wires connecting this box and are spliced into the harness.

Had the car for 4 months now.

So far I've been unable to find a tracker.

Thanks in advance.

20210402_204110.thumb.jpg.aa2b3b3b217d7babbec65f090414bfe0.jpg

Edited by 2012 Legacy H6

30A is substantial for an add-on thing... what do the wires splice into? The thing taped in place looks to just be a fuse holder - what does the other part look like? Have you tried pulling the fuse to see if anything stops working?

If you can locate the harness and wires it ties into, you can chase down what they are for on the wiring diagram. There's probably a tap for power and ground, but could be any number of other things. If it were my car, I'd pull the fuse and see what happens. If nothing, I'd keep it pulled.

Essentially on the other side of both black boxes (or fuse holders) are single thick white wires connecting from each box and are spliced into what it looks to be a main loose wiring harness. I didn't try pulling the fuse just yet. Will give it a try.

30A is substantial for an add-on thing... what do the wires splice into? The thing taped in place looks to just be a fuse holder - what does the other part look like? Have you tried pulling the fuse to see if anything stops working?

If you can locate the harness and wires it ties into, you can chase down what they are for on the wiring diagram. There's probably a tap for power and ground, but could be any number of other things. If it were my car, I'd pull the fuse and see what happens. If nothing, I'd keep it pulled.