LegacyGT.com

2021 Lifted

Hi All,

I installed an Anderson 1.5" lift kit on my 2021 Touring XT. I had this on my 2017 Legacy and loved it.

This time, with the 2021, I want to put larger tires on.

Does anyone know if 17" rims will clear the calipers?

With 17" rims, does anyone have an idea on the largest tire I can go with? I would be willing to do a small spacer also, but nothing to crazy where the tire sticks out too far.

Thanks

Rod

Hi All,

I installed an Anderson 1.5" lift kit on my 2021 Touring XT. I had this on my 2017 Legacy and loved it.

With 17" rims, does anyone have an idea on the largest tire I can go with? I would be willing to do a small spacer also, but nothing to crazy where the tire sticks out too far.

Thanks

Rod

17" x 7" and 17" x 7.5" wheels come standard on the Base and Premium models respectively, so I'd think you'd be fine as far as the wheel goes. For both models, 225/55 R17 tires are standard. I am not sure how big you could go on the tire size with the lift, but I'm wondering what kind of recalibration you might have to do for the transmission, braking, and EyeSight possibly if you increased the overall diameter by decent amount?

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015

Hi All,

Thanks

Rod

Any pictures of the car lifted?

I would assume you can run all the wheel and tire combinations that the Outback guys are running since it's essentially the same thing once lifted. There is a thread about aftermarket wheels and tires on SubaruOutback.org

I ran the 225/55-17 in the winter with more aggressive/ chunky Firestone Winterforce tires, looks pretty cool.

fed76e5e6c02caf7b15f9f5ff82d5e77.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk