LegacyGT.com

Power steering pump repair/replace questions

BlackWagon GT

The pressure switch on the back of the power steering pump on my '05 OBXT is leaking. Is it available separately from the pump, even unofficially? In the past I've been told "thAt ParT DoeSn't ExIst" for a specific year/model of vehicle but expanding the search to similar others yields what I need. I'm hoping this is similar, but internet searching has only found other people asking the same question. Aftermarket pumps don't seem to come with one, and even the best price I've seen for an OEM pump is more than I want to spend on this endeavor right now.

On a similar note, will the 34433-AG020 pressure switch harness fit my '05? It's officially for '07-up, but that doesn't mean it won't work. The wire insulation on the one in the car is deteriorated and flaking off due to being soaked in fluid, so it's not worth replacing unless I do the pressure switch at the same time, or replace the pump with an OEM one that includes the harness.

The pump itself works fine (for now?), so if the switch doesn't exist separately I might just tolerate the leak for now and keep an eye on the fluid level.