LegacyGT.com

11.6 navigation question

I have a 2021 Subaru Legacy Premium with the large display and most everything on it. Can the navigation search be set to always search the whole map. Now it just searches my state until I click the search whole map. Also searching by business name (Walgreens) nothing comes up and there is one 17 miles away. What am I doing wrong. Of course I read all the manuals and forgot half already. I purchased new yesterday and drove home only and trying to learn the bells and whistles (at age 73).

I checked the maps update web site and it shows 2020 for the software so I assume it is up to date at purchase, but wonder if Canada would have been installed.

• 2 months later...
I found that if you are searching for a business, you have to select Points of Interest on the top of the search screen. It defaults to Address, so unless you are putting in a specific address, businesses wont show up. I rarely use the nav system because it takes so long to find addresses or points of interest, its quicker for me to use google maps on my phone, plug in the cord and use Carplay. I do use it for navigating home though since i have it setup to just press the Home button on the nav screen.