LegacyGT.com

Hood latch issue?

My hood won’t latch. I discover this piece (near top of the photo) with the wire hanger cable connect into. I notice it’s not swivel when I release the hood cable but I can open it but does not swing back after pulling on the hood lever from inside the vehicle. Any ideals on how to resolve the issue?

Edit: won’t let me upload photo (iphone12 pro). I work on it and see if I can convert it or somehow. It’s under 2MB.

Edited by amusa

Without a pic, have you lubed the latch (under the hood) with some decent lube that's not WD-40? It's just that the WD-40 won't last very long as it's used to displace water and leave a light lube in place.

happened to mine too, after cleaning with some pb blaster and compressed air i lubed it up with some silicone spray. i condition all the rubber seals door/trunk/hood seals with silicone spray every fall, so i just added the latch mechanism to that list...

I can get it for like $38 for the latch. The issue is since the whole pandemic happen. The Subaru get's rarely driven much (around 20miles in a week). The last time that hood been up was maybe almost a year ago.