LegacyGT.com

Excuse me while I cry

So I bought an Accessport.. considering (not actually) selling it and pretending I didn’t pay attention to the data logging lol. Once I figure out how to download the log I will post. Feedback knock ranging several times at -2 to 0, -6 is the worst I’ve seen, never positive knock yet. Is there any chance my free hanging HID ballasts are the culprit? Is there any chance 0.10 max boost is involved? Don’t even think it goes negative, vacuum lines? Gas mileage is fine power seems fine but very very new to Subaru and cars in general, i drove it home to Wisconsin from Texas when I bought it last June been in the shop at least 5 months non consecutively and my shop found my intercooler completely blown so what do I know about power loss (that’s fixed now). First map flashed was economy which threw P0420 code research instructed me to use stage 2 flash no code to or from work today.

seeing a little bit of feedback knock is fine, it could be something as simple as something rattling around in the engine bay.

knock is only super dangerous during heavy throttle.

if your ecu doesnt have any Fine Knock Learn and your DAM is still at 1.0 than I wouldn't worry about it.

feedback knock is sudden, temporary timing retard due to a random knock event

fine knock learn is when the computer sees feedback knock in the same load/rpm range over and over that it will throw in some fine knock learn to "permanently" pull the timing in that range

DAM is a full timing pull that starts at 0.75 when you reset the ECU - goes to 1.0 when the ecu deems everything okay - and pulls it back down below 1.0 if it finds something really wrong.

Edited by Keyan

You might a piece of duct tape helps. Covers up the screen.

try driving the same route the same way over multiple trips and see if you get different results. randomly checking thongs while flogging the car isn't going to tell you much except don't do that.

you could also pay for a custom tune and get all your issues fixed at once

back to stock.

before giving up, perhaps find an actual tuner? have put an actual tune on it. You'll be much happier

Just get an actual tune like boxkita said. They will adjust everything and monitor things while putting the car through it’s paces till they are satisfied. The ap is a great tool and I miss having one and tuning with one but if you stare at the thing long enough it’ll make you think something is wrong. It’s best left in the center console when not being used for tuning or diag imo.