LegacyGT.com

97 legacy GT 2.5 p0 5 00 code

The other day on the freeway my 97 legacy gt automatic through the check engine light, so stopped by got it scanned came up as P0500 which means a speed sensor supposedly upon research. The tranny has two I believe 1 inner 1 outter. I know one if faulty or bad could mess up odometer, it messed up my odmeter for like a second then hasn't done it sense. My car is feeling like it's hesitating when shifting sometimes, not all the time though n doesn't have the gettup it usually does. So I'm not sure which sensor would be the culprit 1 or both? Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.

I would unbolt and clean all the ground wires you can find in the engine bay first. These cars are really not grounded well, it'd also help to clean the battery terminals too. It's best to try the easy stuff before buying parts hoping to solve the issue.

Yes I did check my battery terminals and clean them and put new ones on so they're not corroded or anything like that my next step is to check the grounds because the light hasn't came back on in the last couple days even though she is hesitant to shift at times so I'll check that stuff and see if that's all good, thanks for the reply by the way.

After you had a chance to clean the grounds, reset the ecu by leaving the battery disconnected for 10+ mins and see if it continues. I'm leaning towards a dirty sensor moreso than a faulty part but you never know. Iirc there is a sensor on each wheel so you could take a look at those for visible damage as well. Edited by Brighton96