LegacyGT.com

P0137 & P2096 Bad o2 sensor?

What's going on guys, this is my first post on the forum!

I tried looking through threads to find some information but couldn't find what I needed. The car is throwing a P0137 (Rear o2 low circuit) code along with a P2096 (Post catalyst fuel trim too lean). When I read the voltage on the AP it hovers around 0.00-0.02 but has occasional high spikes. My AFR is good though and I checked the o2 wiring to check for a poor connection but it checked out. I'm pretty sure it may be just a bad sensor but I figured I'd ask around first.

It is possible to have your Tuner send you a MAP with that CEL code deleted.

Or just replace the rear O2 sensor.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Check the o2 sensor wire. Make sure it is not damage or touching something hot. This will typically throw a low circuit code and any o2 sensor related codes.

I already checked the wiring.

It is possible to have your Tuner send you a MAP with that CEL code deleted.

Or just replace the rear O2 sensor.

I just order a new sensor, but if it does not fix the issue I will just tune it out with accesstuner.

• 2 weeks later...
Did that work completely for those codes? My 06 Legacy is throwing the same codes. I have swapped out the down Stream O2 censor, changed the sparkplugs, and wires, changed out the mass air flow censor as well. But the codes keep coming back on after about 250 miles.

Did that work completely for those codes? My 06 Legacy is throwing the same codes. I have swapped out the down Stream O2 censor, changed the sparkplugs, and wires, changed out the mass air flow censor as well. But the codes keep coming back on after about 250 miles.

Yes it did, its been about 300 miles and the car is running better too, I made sure to order a Denso sensor because it was the oem replacement and I have had problems with cheap sensors in the past.