LegacyGT.com

2001 legacy keyless remote repair.

Hiya.

Well i have a 2001 legacy L sedan that i've nursed back to health and i'm trying to get the keyless entry working. Unfortunately i don't know if it had it oem or not. From what i read it was an optional package on the 01 L sedan. What i have found is the alpine system with the alpine horn, but is that just an alarm? I think it is also disabled as i can lock myself in the vehicle and unlock the door with the manual knob and get no alarm. Ive tried what i believe is the procedure to get into programming mode, and got no chirps. So the alpine is either just an alarm, or disabled entirely.

Hopefully i didn't bring up a dead horse topic, and also thank you ahead of time for any help

Edited by Sameal

Im hoping i posted in the correct category.

My hunch is the alpine system is just an alarm, and i need the oem keyless module, but i see all manner of places the plug could be online, from the drivers side kick panel, to the passenger kick panel, to behing the stereo dash panel. It seems like there's a couple different connectors too. I'm guessing my plug is by the alpine, on the drivers side under dash. The plug that looks most like what i see online has a "loop back" plug in it connecting two pins.

The Alpine system was the factory option.

Go to cars101.com here and see how to program.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/keyless.html

O.

That's what i had thought as well, but it doesn't go into programming mode. I checked the fuse. Im wondering if they disabled it somehow. Everything is plugged in at the alpine box.

Guess it's time for wire chasing.