LegacyGT.com

2006 Spec B rear CV axle

So just under a year ago I bought a 2006 Legacy spec B. It was need some help but still in decent shape. On my way home from buying it the turbo went out. Ugh just my luck. So I decided she was going to go into immediate surgery. Long story short I got the turbo replaced and built the engine and got it tuned. Made 300hp at the wheels! After that it was time to tackle the annoying groaning noise I would hear during deceleration. Took the center differential apart as it was a likely cause. Replaced all the bearings. Put it back together and still had a noise but not as bad. So I determined it was the rear wheel bearing. When I went to remove it to my luck the rear axle nut was stuck. After heating it up and hitting it with an impact it broke the threads clean off the cv axle in the right rear. So I removed the whole rear CV axle with the wheel bearing still attached. I search online for a replacement passenger rear CV axle. I could not find one that definitively said it would work for a Spec B. I read a review on the axle I bought which was for a legacy gt and it said be careful the axle is not long enough and it pops out on its own. So I took a chance and it fit. All was well for about 6 month until today... was taking off from a stop sign merging into traffic so I was on the throttle heavy. Went to grab 2nd and when I released the clutch I heard a pop followed by a grinding noise when under acceleration. Limped it back home and jacked it up. Sure enough my passenger rear axle I had replaced a few month back popped out! So I took it apart and the teeth inside the groove for the clip at the tip of the axle were sheared off... the ones on the outside were slightly twisted. It appears to me the axle was indeed too short but was able to hang on enough until today. So I am looking around on the internet for a passenger rear spec b cv axle and can not find anything that says it fits it. When I search the Subaru part website I only see a listing for a legacy 5spd manual non spec b. Is there anyone out there that knows the part number that will fit my 06 5spd manual spec b?