LegacyGT.com

Socal; Rebuilt Longblock

**LOCAL PICKUP HIGHLY PREFERRED, BUT CAN SHIP**

(Buyer's responsibility to cover any and all shipping costs)

For sale is a freshly rebuilt EJ255 long block with D25 heads (ported and polished). NEW STI crank that has been balanced.

0 miles on build, you read that right! Longblock only, No accessories!!

I have attached machine shop paperwork as well as the part list.

4.8K FIRM. That is the lowest I will take. Can ship at buyer's expense.

Any questions, please feel free to ask. I will respond to messages as soon as possible.

**PS- $150 to anyone who gets me a buyer.**

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

5E8E0488-2D44-4AD2-A30B-750EDC21D1AB.thumb.JPG.dd55d4a9c37416994d574678dadb611b.JPG

IMG_7446.JPG.2b7d9cadfc2e32372dd37b8e7136b711.JPG

IMG_7445.thumb.JPG.89bd0803b8a20425c5f5c91f0f912523.JPG

IMG_7444.thumb.JPG.350b875856e3bbff203c2307ae694b1a.JPG

IMG_7443.thumb.JPG.2139d001dba90b80038b168a5439ea22.JPG

IMG_7442.thumb.JPG.b1278732dbc410c5018b260b221c879a.JPG

IMG_7441.thumb.JPG.e19b8e4d987fd78448acfd620fe09791.JPG

IMG_7437.thumb.JPG.b2d7d9629d7feb8a83f50f4d59620478.JPG

IMG_7436.thumb.JPG.9f2ca579955d39c4e57bd8d42a643f48.JPG

IMG_7448.thumb.jpg.d31972ab61cc867e6f5b5901c5360fa8.jpg

Edited by Carmania24
SOLD

Meaning with Cams and valve parts included? :rolleyes:

School is frying my brain more and more everyday.

Anyways, yes it does. It is a fully assembled long block, just no intake manifold, alternator, a/c pump, etc.

Timing kit and any other essential parts that are not on the block is included in the price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need to get rid of the motor, so at this point that I am willing to do the following:

Buyer buys me a used stock ej255 with all components (minus turbo) and pays for labor (got quoted for 1K for labor). I am willing to pay for the tow to the shop.

In return, I will give you my built motor. Priced everything out and it will be about 3K-3.2K. You will be getting the built motor for dirt cheap. PM or text me. My number is above.

• 5 weeks later...
Maybe it's just me, but your pics don't seem to be completely backing up your post because it looks to me like 2 different crankshafts pictured. For example the pic with the long block assembled appears to show a black/hardened crankshaft, but in the pic with the yellow cloth it's not black and the crank also looks used, you can see the old marks left behind from previously installed rear main seal and oil pump seals, doesn't appear to be a new crank.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe it's just me, but your pics don't seem to be completely backing up your post because it looks to me like 2 different crankshafts pictured. For example the pic with the long block assembled appears to show a black/hardened crankshaft, but in the pic with the yellow cloth it's not black and the crank also looks used, you can see the old marks left behind from previously installed rear main seal and oil pump seals, doesn't appear to be a new crank.

Mind saving the picture and circling what you mean and upload it? Could just be the lighting.

Can confirm the crankshaft is new and has been balanced (that is why you see shaved metal parts).

• 1 month later...
Mind saving the picture and circling what you mean and upload it? Could just be the lighting.

Can confirm the crankshaft is new and has been balanced (that is why you see shaved metal parts).

the first picture shows a black crankshaft, the rest show silver.

there's no pictures of the heads with camshafts installed.

there's no details on the machining specs nor of the valve clearances

there's no pictures of the valves or cams

there's no pictures of the crankshaft in the block

the pictures of the block are missing all the covers/basic assembly pieces

the head pictures don't show the polishing that took place

the weirdness of the trade - I buy you a used block and pay your builder to rebuild it and you'll give me a non working engine of unknown quantity and no warranty that still needs a bunch of parts and work to be usable. Not seeing that deal as being a good one.

The machine shop pictures of receipts say this:

$340 - cyl head valve job (surface included unless otherwise specified)

$180 - block bored@.020, honed

$160 - cyl block(s) decked

$80 - prepare block, clean out all parts thoroughly

$75 - tear down long block

$225 - balance

no parts list

no specs list

no details on port/polish

no details on assembly (the carpet in the background doesn't inspire confidence)

no warranty (machine shop receipt is October 2020)

Costs for a built short block have gone up, but you can still buy a new shortblock from subaru for around 2k. used engines sell for $500-2000 depending on source and come with a 90-day guaranteed runner warranty.

I was interested but details never got better nor did any other pics show up. I should have bought the pdx ex-showcar and moved on. This deal still seems super sketchy to me. buyer beware. ymmv

I missed something that boxkita mention, that is incredibly sketchy.. Why not use this current setup instead of some used ej255?

"Buyer buys me a used stock ej255 with all components (minus turbo) and pays for labor (got quoted for 1K for labor). I am willing to pay for the tow to the shop."

I missed something that boxkita mention, that is incredibly sketchy.. Why not use this current setup instead of some used ej255?

"Buyer buys me a used stock ej255 with all components (minus turbo) and pays for labor (got quoted for 1K for labor). I am willing to pay for the tow to the shop."

so op starts with used engine does a rebuild that doesn't come out right trades for another rebuild that adds more pieces ?

I see scam

the first picture shows a black crankshaft, the rest show silver.

there's no pictures of the heads with camshafts installed.

there's no details on the machining specs nor of the valve clearances

there's no pictures of the valves or cams

there's no pictures of the crankshaft in the block

the pictures of the block are missing all the covers/basic assembly pieces

the head pictures don't show the polishing that took place

the weirdness of the trade - I buy you a used block and pay your builder to rebuild it and you'll give me a non working engine of unknown quantity and no warranty that still needs a bunch of parts and work to be usable. Not seeing that deal as being a good one.

The machine shop pictures of receipts say this:

$340 - cyl head valve job (surface included unless otherwise specified)

$180 - block bored@.020, honed

$160 - cyl block(s) decked

$80 - prepare block, clean out all parts thoroughly

$75 - tear down long block

$225 - balance

no parts list

no specs list

no details on port/polish

no details on assembly (the carpet in the background doesn't inspire confidence)

no warranty (machine shop receipt is October 2020)

Costs for a built short block have gone up, but you can still buy a new shortblock from subaru for around 2k. used engines sell for $500-2000 depending on source and come with a 90-day guaranteed runner warranty.

I was interested but details never got better nor did any other pics show up. I should have bought the pdx ex-showcar and moved on. This deal still seems super sketchy to me. buyer beware. ymmv

All of this, plus it looks like he built the block in the apartment without an engine stand. This makes me wonder how well put together the engine is.

Also, off topic, which PDX ex-Showcar are you talking about?

All of this, plus it looks like he built the block in the apartment without an engine stand. This makes me wonder how well put together the engine is.

Also, off topic, which PDX ex-Showcar are you talking about?

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/portland-285940.html

i should have bot it. I was stupid. would have solved a few parts issues.

• 2 weeks later...