LegacyGT.com

Crank but no start

I have a 98 legacy gt we picked up for the kid's first car. Put it on the Rd and day one thing died on him. Had it towed back to the house. It cranks but no start. I put a gauge on it and have 35lbs fuel. Have verified spark. Guy we bought it from said he did the timing belt recently. Makes me suspect. Took one side over off to verify the belt was in tact. Have yet to dive in more to see if it possibly jumped timing. Also has 4 codes.

P0440

P0452

P1400

P1440

These are related to the evap system so I figured the car should run. Any ideas?

You should have closer to 30psi fuel unless there is essentially zero vacuum integrity. Sounds like a major intake component disconnected or tore open. Was there a bunch of clutch dumps or neutral drops involved? Do you have worn out engine mounts?

You should have closer to 30psi fuel unless there is essentially zero vacuum integrity. Sounds like a major intake component disconnected or tore open. Was there a bunch of clutch dumps or neutral drops involved? Do you have worn out engine mounts?

I'll do more digging after work. Neutral drops? Better not be. If there were I will never know.

• 1 month later...